So say you had $150 in Summit Bucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Boring.

The $150 is to treat yourself. It's found money, and about to be lost if you don't hit buy.
Using it for maintenance parts you need isn't not hitting buy....

When you get older and wiser you learn a penny saved is a penny earned is true. Eventually by resisting the little impulse 'treat yourself' $50 here and $150 there, you put yourself in a position you can do big things you really want.

In my scenario, I've still got $150 in found money. Just instead of having to spend it at summit on their stuff at their prices I can spend it anywhere.

Unless you want to be stuck either paying rent all your life, or, always cashed out with a huge mortgage payment, there's also better things to do then always ftivilously spend the found money.

Then again, I made my last rent payment in my 20s and last mortgage payment in my 30s, but that's too boring so who knows.... when we want a car to play with, if there's favorable (0% or something similar) we finance and earn ROI somewhere above interest payments on the money we didnt spend. If not, we pay cash. These days it confuses dealerships to walk in and pay cash.

Maybe more people should rethink the treat yourself all the time mentality and choose to get ahead, there'd be less government handouts.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
Using it for maintenance parts you need isn't not hitting buy....

When you get older and wiser you learn a penny saved is a penny earned is true. Eventually by resisting the little impulse 'treat yourself' $50 here and $150 there, you put yourself in a position you can do big things you really want.

In my scenario, I've still got $150 in found money. Just instead of having to spend it at summit on their stuff at their prices I can spend it anywhere.

Unless you want to be stuck either paying rent all your life, or, always cashed out with a huge mortgage payment, there's also better things to do then always ftivilously spend the found money.

Then again, I made my last rent payment in my 20s and last mortgage payment in my 30s, but that's too boring so who knows.... when we want a car to play with, if there's favorable (0% or something similar) we finance and earn ROI somewhere above interest payments on the money we didnt spend. If not, we pay cash. These days it confuses dealerships to walk in and pay cash.

Maybe more people should rethink the treat yourself all the time mentality and choose to get ahead, there'd be less government handouts.
Salvage yard vs. new, penny on the ground or saved from that .99cent item. Saved money adds up.

Nov 4, 2012
$150 doesn't get you very much at summit. Maybe a hat and a water bottle or something.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Ditto on the body bushing kit.

Summit has an in house kit that's poly but not excruciatingly firm. I've put it in both my cars and have been happy.

Reactions: 1 users

2drx4

Greasemonkey
May 28, 2022
The middle of BC, Canada
$150 doesn't get you very much at summit. Maybe a hat and a water bottle or something.
Currently there's a steering wheel and adapter in my cart. I just need to spend the other $150.

Ditto on the body bushing kit.

Summit has an in house kit that's poly but not excruciatingly firm. I've put it in both my cars and have been happy.
I'll check it out. It's nice to have some isolation and the harder bushings don't really provide much.

Poly comes in a bunch of different durometeres (or shore hardness) and it's frustrating how hard it can be to find the specs for that sometimes. One time I ordered some control arm bushings to make motor mounts out of, and it turned out they were harder than concrete. Needless to say I didn't proceed with using them, since it wasn't even going to be a performance application. :rofl:

Gwarren79

G-Body Guru
Oct 29, 2018
Safford, AZ
I won a $50 gift card for Amazon on S10forum.com and bought a set of ceramic coated Patroit headers. Cost was more, but what I wanted.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor