Solid motor mounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Looking for opinions on using solid mounts. Currently using factory clamshells on the engine and Energy Suspension inserts in the factory frame mounted brackets.

I've found Moroso makes a set up that includes both sides and both frame and block mount. Thanks in advance - Jim

500/600

Royal Smart Person
Nov 17, 2018
West Virginia
Mine are solid with 650lb•ft of torque all day every day. Energy Suspension transmission mount.

Reactions: 2 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Is there a replacement for the clam shell engine mount that works with the factory frame mounts?

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Reactions: 1 user

Tuffregal83

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2016
Lockport, Il
I have solid engine mounts polyurethane trans mount you do feel the vibration in the frame while driving

Reactions: 1 user

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
How much are you driving your car? Can you tell the difference between the poly and solids? It was mentioned to me about a concern of things loosening from vibration - that's more of a concern to me than much of anything else.

I think there are a few different brands out there.
They also make factory style lower mounts that are solid for the clamshell upper.

This ^^^is what I was looking for - fabricated replacements for the clam shells. I like that the bolts are in view - that is one my gripes with the clam shells - impossible to remove unless the motor is lifter 8-10". Thank you!

And I'm still considering running only one, not both. The one being on the passenger side.

500/600

Royal Smart Person
Nov 17, 2018
West Virginia
How much are you driving your car? Can you tell the difference between the poly and solids? It was mentioned to me about a concern of things loosening from vibration - that's more of a concern to me than much of anything else.

About 5000 miles between April and October. I never even thought about it having solid mounts until I read this thread. Non-issue with a vibration unfriendly’ 4.304” stroke and 109LSA roller cam. Nothing has fallen off of the car or even loosened up (I’m assuming that you were serious in asking).

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor