Some People Shouldnt Own Vehicles...

Status
Not open for further replies.

green79gp

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 9, 2011
Eugene,Ore
I work a small auto part store in oregon a guy walk in and asks "where the gear oil is" I show him what aisle it is on
and ask him "what gearbox he is putting it in ?" he tells me that has a bad oil leak and is putting it in the engine
because a mechanic friend told him to put the heaviest oil he can find so off he went with 2 quarts of 75/90 valvoline
i damn near laughed till i cried when I watched him pop the hood and dump it in :wtf: :rofl: :doh: :doh: I had almost tried to talk him out of it but then I remembered the customer is always right :puke:Car was a mid 90"s civic :rofl:

supkylesup

Master Mechanic
Mar 7, 2010
Toledo, OH
green79gp said:
I work a small auto part store in oregon a guy walk in and asks "where the gear oil is" I show him what aisle it is on
and ask him "what gearbox he is putting it in ?" he tells me that has a bad oil leak and is putting it in the engine
because a mechanic friend told him to put the heaviest oil he can find so off he went with 2 quarts of 75/90 valvoline
i damn near laughed till i cried when I watched him pop the hood and dump it in :wtf: :rofl: :doh: :doh: I had almost tried to talk him out of it but then I remembered the customer is always right :puke:Car was a mid 90"s civic :rofl:

Lol I'm kinda glad you didn't talk him out of it.
Just one more pos Honda off the road. :mrgreen:

jasonreid

Greasemonkey
May 27, 2011
Rockmart, Georgia
I don't know whether to laugh or cry at this story... :rofl:

Reminds me of a friend of mine that used an antifreeze container for a gas can one day. Being absent minded as he is you can guess what happened when he needed antifreeze one day...... :blam:

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
green79gp said:
:doh: I had almost tried to talk him out of it but then I remembered the customer is always right :puke:

I work at Advance auto parts and see stuff like this all the time, you never really understand how many people have NO common sense until you work somewhere like this! :rofl:

my favorite saying is: "just because the customer is always right, it doesn't mean that he's not a dumbass..."

Dugan

Greasemonkey
Jun 15, 2011
supkylesup said:
melman109 said:
friend don't let friends drive with water in there oil :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Should have took his keys!!

(i know he's not your friend :lol: )

Lol best part about the whole thing is he had like his whole family in the car and I can only imagine how embarrassed he was.
Just another automotive abomination.
But deffinetly one of the perks of working at autozone.

glad to know im not the only person at autozone that has experienced this sh*t, I love when people come in, ask questions, then when you answer them they try and tell you your wrong... why ask the question then haha, or the best is, can i borrow a jack, jack stands and tools?... Dude this isnt a garage buy your own sh*t or take it to a mechanic

green79gp

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 9, 2011
Eugene,Ore
"glad to know im not the only person at autozone that has experienced this sh*t, I love when people come in, ask questions, then when you answer them they try and tell you your wrong... why ask the question then haha, or the best is, can i borrow a jack, jack stands and tools?... Dude this isnt a garage buy your own sh*t or take it to a mechanic"

My favorite saying is if you dont like the answer dont ask the question

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
I worked at Advance back in the day and this is hands down one of the funniest things I've ever heard:

This lady came in wanting an air filter for a Pontiac Ghoulie....as she says. We're all at the counter looking at her like she's crazy and tell her no such car exists. She goes on about being an educated woman and how we're insulting her intelligence blah blah blah.

So anyway.....we decide to go outside and see what she's driving and it a 6000LE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor