somenone please come in and help lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

360demonRT

Apprentice
Jul 13, 2008
Morehead Ky
looking to buy a set of heads... have been milled to a 56cc chamber. i have a stock rebuild 95 truck 350. what compression would that give me. i would look it up myself but i dont know where to start. will be going in with a .480/292 109lsa cam if it matters

SScamino

Master Mechanic
Jun 26, 2009
fishersville, Virginia
stock 95 5.7s had 9.1:1 compression. But im not sure if that was with a 64cc or 76cc chamber. I know there not vortec heads, those started in 1996. But I think they are most likely a 64cc chamber. which would make the compression like 9.6 compression im not sure though I dont know the piston type or head cc lol. So my guess would be a min of 9.5 to 10 something, 56cc chambers are small. are they 305 heads?

360demonRT

Apprentice
Jul 13, 2008
Morehead Ky
no... they're a 2.055 valve trick flow :) trying to talk the guy to my price range. he's on a local forum, good guy. the guy that did the porting is local too.. also a good guy. hope i can get them down a little more so i can afford them. what i really want to know is... with these heads, pump gas woulnt be an issue... right?

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
Just my opinion, but 56cc chambers sounds like it'll make compression fairly high, I would steer away from those.

360demonRT

Apprentice
Jul 13, 2008
Morehead Ky
i need a concrete (or close) answer lol. lets say its a 9-1 stock with a 64cc and a 76cc. what would be the two possibilities going with to a 56cc?

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
360demonRT said:
i need a concrete (or close) answer lol. lets say its a 9-1 stock with a 64cc and a 76cc. what would be the two possibilities going with to a 56cc?

Im just saying I think 56cc is a little radical if you want a pump gas motor. I think you'll do better with a 62-68 cc chambered head and still have plenty of room for building power and using regular octane

No one can really answer your question, what pistons are you running? If they're valve reliefs, how much do they displace? What head gaskets? Deck height clearance?

360demonRT

Apprentice
Jul 13, 2008
Morehead Ky
so there's no way to say a stock 95 chevy came with 64cc heads and made 9-1. put on 56cc's and it will make? thought it would be simple like that. bone stock rebuild. stock rods, crank, pistons, deck height, slightly dished. little bitty valve reliefs... thats all i know, all i will know lol. so if i get these and bolt them on, it'll be rolling the dice as to whether it woulnt blow on 93 or not. actually i just found and looked up the casting number. the heads on the motor are 64 cc. will 8cc bump it up more than 1 compression point? surely to god not lol

360demonRT

Apprentice
Jul 13, 2008
Morehead Ky
if i was buying a new set of heads i would get a 64cc head. these heads are ported, polished and have 2.055 intake valves. all by people on a local forum whose work i trust, for $600. thats why i want to know so bad and in a hurry. trick flow, aluminum, big valve, ported for that price... damn. prolly way overkill for my motor, but even so... alot of room for growth. hell, might not even be able to get em. we'll see. but back to my last post. will 8cc make that much difference?

Attachments

• IMG_20110911_180641.jpg
    IMG_20110911_180641.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 124

SScamino

Master Mechanic
Jun 26, 2009
fishersville, Virginia
well if your for sure that they're 64cc chambers, then I'd say around 9.6-8. And with almuinum, you should be safe since it disapates the heat faster, but I will not guarentee that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor