SOMEONE GO WIN THIS THING!

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
That is pretty cool. It was hilarious watching him deal with removal/install of the fuel tank. Seems like a very likeable guy who likes working on stuff.

Reactions: 1 user

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I like vgg derrick has put a smile on my face a few times. That's kinda what it looked like when I was putting the tank in my 78 cutlass except I was laying on my back with an impact gun and one of my neighbors from globex seen me and helped lol.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
N couple inches of it. No Jacks, just rachets and screwdrivers.

It would've been Thanksgiving day of 2000, West Springfield MA. My 1988 Cutlass Classic, full tank of gas, Kept shutting off from contamination clogging the pickup sock. Temperature was just below freezing, with 20, 30 knot winds. The ice granules you get from repeated freeze thaw cycles, buildup on the ground all around where the car sat. Side if the road. No jack, just a simple socket set and some screwdrivers.

The wet back, the numb, unfeeling fumbling hands. The busted knuckles as a mix of rust flakes and sand falling diwn to then face and eyes. Eventually, thunk, slosh,and it was down, but, the hands are so numb and chewed up by the weather, just moving the lines over was a monumental task.

Then, after the fact, the thawing back out of the hands, nose, feet, everywhere that was literally trying to freeze as repairs were attempted.

These days I've got pity for anyone doing gas tank work. Post tank--swap stress disorder.

Last edited:

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
It would've been Thanksgiving day of 2020, West Springfield MA. My 1988 Cutlass Classic, full tank of gas, Kept shutting off from contamination clogging the pickup sock. Temperature was just below freezing, with 20, 30 knot winds. The ice granules you get from repeated freeze thaw cycles, buildup on the ground all around where the car sat. Side if the road. No jack, just a simple socket set and some screwdrivers.

The wet back, the numb, unfeeling fumbling hands. The busted knuckles as a mix of rust flakes and sand falling diwn to then face and eyes. Eventually, thunk, slosh,and it was down, but, the hands are so numb and chewed up by the weather, just moving the lines over was a monumental task.

Then, after the fact, the thawing back out of the hands, nose, feet, everywhere that was literally trying to freeze as repairs were attempted.

These days I've got pity for anyone doing gas tank work. Post tank--swap stress disorder.

Sounds like me working on anything back before I left home with no garage. There won't be no garage ever again.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Sounds like me working on anything back before I left home with no garage. There won't be no garage ever again.
Yep, this was just sitting on the side of a public street with cars going by a few feet from where I lay down. Noticed a date typo too, only off by 20 odd years. Of all the typos I cleaned ip before posting, thay kne got through. Meds kicking my butt this morning.

Reactions: 1 users

BudsJLM

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 30, 2009
Put a order in today🤣 needed a new hat

85Frankencar

Greasemonkey
May 17, 2010
Indy
That’s like the GN in storage for 10yrs on YouTube…kept dying. They replaced all sorts of things on the engine and spent hours trying to figure it out, thinking it was an electrical/sensor issue and turns out it was a clogged pick up.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Yeah, love his show. That thing is clean,plan on getting a few things from him to enter.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor