Speaker mounting/sound system install

Status
Not open for further replies.

maximus84

Master Mechanic
Aug 8, 2008
Fidalgo Island,Washington
I know you guys have probably been over this 100 times already,but not much came up in a search for speaker mounts. I'm thinking of buying door speakers--- http://www.gbodyparts.com/product_info. ... f0f9d380c3 --but want to add maybe 6 x 9's and a sub + amp in back.I'd like to see how you guys built whatever it is you mounted everything on in back.I'd still like to access the back area even though I dont use it much. Thanks! :!:

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
I never really liked those. On my buddies car I was always kicking them getting in and out.

Who ever put the system in my car put some good speakers in the dash, the highs in the dash vents, and the 8's and 10's in the trunk, and some mids above the armrests in the back seat. Thumps pretty good

dedub

Greasemonkey
Aug 18, 2008
N.C. Fort Bragg
DSCN0510%20%28Large%29.JPG

Door
DSCN0512%20%28Large%29.JPG

Back.
Though I have since built two (2) boxes, one for each speaker and moved them to the far right and far left of the storage area behind the curtain.

maximus84

Master Mechanic
Aug 8, 2008
axisg said:
I never really liked those. On my buddies car I was always kicking them getting in and out.

Who ever put the system in my car put some good speakers in the dash, the highs in the dash vents, and the 8's and 10's in the trunk, and some mids above the armrests in the back seat. Thumps pretty good
El camino here! No trunk,no back seat. :cry:

maximus84

Master Mechanic
Aug 8, 2008
dedub said:
Though I have since built two (2) boxes, one for each speaker and moved them to the far right and far left of the storage area behind the curtain.
Looks good! Hows the sound? :?:

dedub

Greasemonkey
Aug 18, 2008
N.C. Fort Bragg
The sound is GREAT!
I wouldn't spend that much on those speakers though. You can get some bad *ss $50.00 speakers either 3 1/2 or 4" at best buy or circuit city AND test the sound right there in the audio department. As far as the back ones, that box was in the car when I bought it. I just ripped them out of the box and built two smaller ones and upholstered them with the same material I used on the curtain. BTW, that black curtain got pulled out and I used some nice blue carpet material that doesn't crinkle and re-attached the button snaps. I'd love to take a few shots for you but I'm in Iraq right now and I won't be home until Oct.

Take care

dedub

Greasemonkey
Aug 18, 2008
N.C. Fort Bragg
maximus84 said:
Damn! Iraq must be a tad "warm" tote now,huh? :roll:
No Joke, it's 120+ average. Without A/C we would all be dead :) I don't know how the Iraqis do it???

maximus84

Master Mechanic
Aug 8, 2008
dedub said:
maximus84 said:
Damn! Iraq must be a tad "warm" tote now,huh? :roll:
No Joke, it's 120+ average. Without A/C we would all be dead :) I don't know how the Iraqis do it???
Theyve aclimated after centuries in the desert.I know I'd just turn into a puddle of sweat and evaporate! Semper Fi

dedub

Greasemonkey
Aug 18, 2008
N.C. Fort Bragg
Ya but it's a dry heat... haha
I don't know whats worst, NC at 95 deg. and 95% humidity or Iraq at 120 with no humidity. I just want to get back so I can put my 383 in my motorless Elky. I ran out of time before deployment :(

Hooahh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor