Specialty car insurance for highly modified cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neill

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 7, 2014
Roanoke ,VA.
'Lloyd's of London' has a U.S. office that writes policies for special automobiles. That's all I know, but with a car like yours...why not give them a call.

RICKDIZZLE

Greasemonkey
Sep 16, 2014
I know not nearly the same...but on my car I have hydraulic suspension. Most collector or specialty insurance seem to stray away from wanting to cover my car due to the risk of having heavily modified suspension and having 6 group 31 batteries in my trunk. Hagerty has since been my go to for over 4 years now. Good rates, guaranteed agreed upon value, no mileage limit and they understand the car sees road time. I was honest and forthright about the car...got a quote and set up the insurance. I did have to send a good amount of pictures to include even where the car is parked and stored. Overall been a good experience and they have met my expectations thus far...again not a roll cage and nitrous, but of the similar insurance type of concerns...hope this helps!

Reactions: 2 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
It's bad enough that we are on camera everywhere we go these days.... but to allow your insurance company to follow your every move is ludicrous.
As to specialty insurance... If you are a person in my situation with various real estate properties and umbrella policies all under one insurance company, especially the big ones i.e. Allstate, Statefarm, etc., you may run into issues attempting to have one separate policy for that one vehicle. I have to keep it all under one roof, so to speak, to avoid conflicts.
Insurance is gambling at it's essence. The company is betting you won't file claims, while you are betting that you might have to.... It's a highly lucrative business and also highly unregulated.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
i.e. Allstate, Statefarm, etc., you may run into issues attempting to have one separate policy for that one vehicle. I have to keep it all under one roof, so to speak, to avoid conflicts.
I have Progressive for my other 3 cars and State Farm for my house and eventually my Regal will probably go on the Monte's insurance when it gets closer to being finished.
I haven't found anyone that can beat the "pay in full" discount that Progressive offers but they don't have anything that will cover the Monte the way I want.

Reactions: 1 user

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Oh what did I miss? 🍿🍿🍿🍿

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Kemper1976

Greasemonkey
Jul 25, 2017
Topeka, KS
I use Haggerty. $25k coverage for $260/yr full coverage.

Policy is limited to drive less than 5,000 miles. All they asked for were front, back and side shots and the current mileage on the car. This was also 3 years ago when I created the policy and still have the same policy. Not sure what or if any of this has changed.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor