speedway upper control arms questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grandprixpaul

Master Mechanic
Mar 27, 2011
Commerce township , mi
Looking at the speedway upper control arms,but i had a question they dont have lowers. Just having the top ones going to make a difference. I want to get everything together before i tear the front end off and rebuild it,mine is all origional as far as i know.ball joint are still rivited in and tight.

UMI Performance

Master Mechanic
GBodyForum Sponsor
Jul 9, 2011
Philipsburg, Pa
You need to find out if the upper control arms make any changes or not.

If the ball joint pad is not moved at all and you run standard height ball joints you are gaining nothing other than possible a weaker upper a-arm.

For example upper a-arm moves the ball joint pad rearward for increase caster, is slightly shorter and can be purchased with tall ball joints for improved camber gain.

So I recommend seeing if the a-arms make in changes. If not they won't do any good. I hope that helps,
Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor