Sqeaky rear glass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
That is very interesting. I've never sween a wagon that did NOT squeek.

wagon

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 30, 2009
manchester,nh
my memory slightly lied to me,the plastic piece keeps the stud to the left of the latch still. its the U shaped piece, it should completely go around the circumference of that hole but the top half of mine is broken. i completely forgot to check the regal, have to look at that one tomorrow. but anyway its purpose is to not let the stud go side to side and let the latch squeak
1203091619.jpg

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
My glass is quiet!!!! I used all the above tips and they worked. I lubed the hinges with Super Lube with Teflon. I welded up the slot that was worn into the U shaped bracket. Then I wrapped it with electrical tape and covered that with "liquid electric tape" which is really liquid neoprene to absorb any leftover vibrations. But the best was the big prong that goes into the hole with the plastic liner around it pictured in the above post^. My plastic liner crumbled too, but instead I stuck a big vacuum plug onto the prong instead. Does the same thing, it keeps it tight. Check out the off focus pic, but ignore the U shaped bracket, it is reflecting the flash, in reality it is working great. NO NOISE!!!!
P1070048.jpg

SLICK79WGN

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2008
LaPorte,Tx
sweet if it was not freezing here I would so go outside and do this lol

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
In fact, it's so quiet, I now hear all the OTHER noises!!!!Damn.

wagon

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 30, 2009
manchester,nh
that vacuum plug is an excellent idea, nice job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor