:p

• Haha
  • Winner
Reactions: 3 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I stayed late at work tonight to help the kids Brian fix his Doge so he could get home. Well in my haste to leave in my freight train turning radius truck I clipped the curb across the street from the shop. I kinda thought I would but I figured eh it's a 1 ton it can handle it right? Wrong! The steering is no longer close to centered. I jumped out at a traffic light and gave a quick look and didn't see anything wrong so I drove it home and I felt a bit of wonder. When I got it home I gave another look around and still seen nothing so I had Lauren come out and rock the wheel back and forth for me. I'm a bit puzzled because all the front end parts were new last spring and the tie rod from the pitman arm to the left king pin has a ton of play in it. I thought I bought good Moog parts? That little low speed bump should not have torn it up and thrown it way off like that the steering wheel is about 90° out now I would have done more digging but it's dark cold and raining supposed to blow 40 tonight. Hopefully it stays together until I can figure out what it needs.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor