Square body crew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
It's day 1 of my vacation! And I'm already making progress. I answered an add online for square body parts the other day and took the truck to North Jersey up the parkway and over the Driscoll bridge! She did not like the trip I had to run with the heat on full blast to help keep it cool and used a quart of oil on the way up but I made it there and back. Here's some screenshots of the ad
Screenshot_20190704-120357.png
Screenshot_20190704-120346.png
Screenshot_20190704-120438.png

Needless to say I had to take the chance and run up there as it turns out he had no idea what he had he got the stuff from someone else because there was a patio set that he wanted with the stuff. I don't even know what all is there some scrap but a few treasures for me! A hood rotted but not folded in half ,2 brand new hood hinges powder coated black, a perfect dashpad with the vents missing from mine in black with Silverado silver strip that I needed a brand new chrome square body rear step bumper but I don't need, and something I think I want to try to use. A chrome winch bumper for a square body not this one but just like it
IMG_20190706_121953.jpg

I'm already in Fab mode in my head maybe move the plow frame forward and trim the back of the bumper to get it in closer to the truck? I don't know I'll go out and unload the truck in a little bit after I cool off that cab was like an oven all morning. I'll get some pictures when I do

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users

ItsnotaGN

G-Body Guru
May 28, 2016
Colorado
I think that may be the old school WARN winchbumper. I somewhat modeled the K10 bumper on that, except the winch will sit on a plate on top. (That and I built it like a brick sh!%house). If I could have found the WARN bumper, I'd have used it in a heartbeat. Sweet score. My K10 cab was a "free come get it" Craigslist score.

Attachments

• IMG_0611.JPG
    IMG_0611.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 104
Reactions: 2 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I think that may be the old school WARN winchbumper. I somewhat modeled the K10 bumper on that, except the winch will sit on a plate on top. (That and I built it like a brick sh!%house). If I could have found the WARN bumper, I'd have used it in a heartbeat. Sweet score. My K10 cab was a "free come get it" Craigslist score.
I like it but I don't know that I can use it. I'd need to modify the plow frame to sit further forward in the rails and modify the bumper to set further back closer to the grill maybe even notch the valance for the winch to sit back further. I'll have to get a winch and see what I can do it's certainly not an immediate need but it would be cool to make it work

Reactions: 1 users

ItsnotaGN

G-Body Guru
May 28, 2016
Colorado
I like it but I don't know that I can use it. I'd need to modify the plow frame to sit further forward in the rails and modify the bumper to set further back closer to the grill maybe even notch the valance for the winch to sit back further. I'll have to get a winch and see what I can do it's certainly not an immediate need but it would be cool to make it work
Even if you don't use it, for sure it's worth more than free, somebody in squarebody land will pay for it.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
So today I spent the day ripping apart 454 Chevy's. I started with the one from the camper by drilling a hole in the top of the broken piston and screwing a blolt in it it pry it out
IMG_20190707_124401074.jpg

If you think that looks bad just wait. Apparently the old man thought he blew a head gasket do to the coolant in the oil
IMG_20190707_124353059.jpg
the bottom of the Piston was nowhere to be seen the rod is twisted and the cylinder well...
IMG_20190707_124409030.jpg

The gouge on the left is into the water jacket that's what caused the rust. So with that I went to engine #2 and put it on a stand. As soon as it was on a stand I noticed it was newer and had no precision's for a fuel pump. So my guy says what about that one? Pointing at the one I gave him from my shed. It was the original motor from my 91 V3500 dump truck that I parted on like page 3. It had been sitting in my shed for 12 years apart with no heads on it and didn't look promising. But I started pulling rod caps anyway. Long and short of it is the crank is perfect and the block has no ridge but a lot of the rings are stuck in the lands. So I'm using my old motor with pistons from bolth motors a set of closed chamber oval port 396 heads and comp cams Xtreme Energy 11-238-3 cam yes I ran up a credit card bill tonight everything is ordered but the cam and lifters the block is in the bed of my truck so tomorrow I'll hammer out the freeze plugs and do a poor man's hot tank at the coin op car wash after I run a hone threw it and when I get home I'll paint it orange the rest of the parts won't be here until Friday so after that tomorrow I'll be back on bodywork and welding on the truck. t*ts week is going to be a real thrasher so try and keep up lol

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: 6 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Can we make a race out of it? SuperBuildThread: Sony vs Clutch, both building up their BBCs with a week off to do it.

Put please, if you insist on "massaging" a few more CIs out of your BBCs, leave out the pics until we know exactly what we're talking about in each case.

• Haha

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I won't have my parts until Friday and I don't think my guy is working with me until Sunday. So I'll get all I can done in the meantime. Like the poor man's hot tank and paint on the block. I'll also be painting the GM fenders and hood I got the other day and installing them and the passenger side front door. Right now I'm going to head to Atlas welding and see about getting my amphenol cable repaired. So let the thrashing begin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor