Square body crew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Ok good and bad the exhaust is all welded on. Welding on old crappy rusted pipe sucks! I burned 3 holes in the right mid pipes yes mid pipes it's a patch work mess but it's good enough for now when I make some money I'll get a real exhaust made for it. I let it run to burn all the crap off the headers and it seemed to clear up on the right side. The left side however not so much the left valve cover is leaking like a sieve. I didn't get into the alternator problem because tomorrow is another day and I'm exhausted no pun intended. I did finde the alternator from the camper and tomorrow I'll zip the pulleys off both of them and see about spacing. Oil pressure and temperature gauges don't seem to be working

Reactions: 1 users
Nov 4, 2012
Hey clutch, I'm just getting caught up on this beast, it's looking great! I see it hasn't all gone smoothly but you've made some massive progress on it. I'll be staying tuned for more progress on it. Don't work yourself to the bone and make sure you get some solid rest!

Reactions: 3 users

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
I'll second the reply suggestion to hook up a cheap aftermarket oil psi gauge to see what your pressure is. I've had more than 1 new oil pressure switch go bad immediately. Each time my factory gauge would just read 30psi when running which is odd for a fresh built big-block. Then, you'd go to start it @ some point & they read nothing. I wound up putting my original back in & it's worked w/o issue since (3yrs & >7k miles; 60psi @ cold start; 40-45 @ hot idle). I just put the new sending units in so things were 'new' vs original/aged. They worked @ first but quickly failed. Mine is TBI so if it doesn't register oil pressure, it kills the fuel pumps too. I also swapped in 2 new AC Delco fuel pumps & both failed within weeks/months (drivers side @ 6wks; pass side was dead the next long trip I attempted @ around 8 months). Replaced only the driver side pump so far (w/a Delphi unit) because the bed is such a PITA to remove solo.

Reactions: 1 user
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Also had the same issue with replacement oil pressure senders for my squarebody, read 1/2, then nothing. Some aftermarket gauges aren't super accurate either but better than nothing, especially on a fresh build.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
As if i wasn't enough of a mess already... You all know Lauren is in middle School but competes in practices in the high school marching band. Lexi's high School brick memorial high School ... Look it up. We gotta get out of here! I'm going to go fix my truck now

• Sad

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
That is some scary sh*t. I will help you anyway I can to help you get out of there Eric.

• Friendly
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor