Square body crew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
Never had it happen on one of mine, but would the common cracks of the frame where the bolt holes for the steering box go through cause that type of behavior?

There should be a weld on support plate that you can get through LMC if that is the case.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
That's some sketchy stuff there brohan. I'm all for calculated risk but you're playing around in the deep end of the pool.

• Agree
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Never had it happen on one of mine, but would the common cracks of the frame where the bolt holes for the steering box go through cause that type of behavior?
I'm not shore I've never had a broken one but I know what your saying I've repaired them before

Reactions: 1 user

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Just head out there with a helper and have them turn the wheel back and forth while you look for something to move without something else that should but doesn't. I've used my 6 year old for 2 different vehicles to ID wallered out steering components. Once you know what it is and see how bad it is, you can decide how many sh*ts should be given over it.

Reactions: 1 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Just head out there with a helper and have them turn the wheel back and forth while you look for something to move without something else that should but doesn't. I've used my 6 year old for 2 different vehicles to ID wallered out steering components. Once you know what it is and see how bad it is, you can decide how many sh*ts should be given over it.
I have but the it only dose it when it's moving though and not all the time. It's hard to recreate. I'll figure it out soon enough... I hope

Reactions: 1 user

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
If there are leaks in the power steering system, look to see if the Rag joint is ok. They like to disintegrate if they get saturated w/fluid. That would definitely allow slack.

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
If there are leaks in the power steering system, look to see if the Rag joint is ok. They like to disintegrate if they get saturated w/fluid. That would definitely allow slack.

You'll have to pull back the shield if it has one to see that. That's how mine went so long undetected, I thought it was all in the box. If it's that tough to recreate, it may not be that big a deal. Do any joints refuse grease?

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
You'll have to pull back the shield if it has one to see that. That's how mine went so long undetected, I thought it was all in the box. If it's that tough to recreate, it may not be that big a deal. Do any joints refuse grease?
Possibly.
Mine was visually swelled. It actually sheared/ripped in half when I tried to turn the front wheels w/the truck not running.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor