No doubt Jersey sucks! I've wanted out for a long time. Hopefully soon

It's easy.

uhaul-truck.png

Reactions: 1 users

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
good luck with Lauren. My niece does some modeling and personal training as a side gig since her teens. She had a rough go at first. Don't let them dig into her ego of too this or that. Keep her in the mindset that they need her and not the other way around and she is perfect the way she is !!

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
good luck with Lauren. My niece does some modeling and personal training as a side gig since her teens. She had a rough go at first. Don't let them dig into her ego of too this or that. Keep her in the mindset that they need her and not the other way around and she is perfect the way she is !!
I couldn't agree more.I also informed them that I own my own backhoe love my little girl and I'm not afraid to wear orange.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
I couldn't agree more.I also informed them that I own my own backhoe love my little girl and I'm not afraid to wear orange.

Ha Ha Ha. Silly fella, you don't need to wear orange if you own a backhoe....... just a good friend, Jack Daniels and a deep freaking hole !!

Reactions: 1 user

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Yesterday I took the truck to work. I wanted to address the running hot with the plow on. Even using the old keep it angled right and as low as you can she still creeps up way passed an acceptable temperature. So earlier this week I took some measurements with the old polish eyecrometer, did a little online shopping and bought a 10" electric fan and a temp switch kit. Yesterday I pulled the grill and radiator top plate cut loose the aftermarket trans cooler and installed the 10" fan on the driver's side of the condenser where I know there's no airflow with the plow on. I put the circuit breaker and relay on the left inner fender and tapped into the 12v power on the firewall where square body's have the 2 studs. It's wired on I ground switch thermostat sending unit thing I put in the intake. It's labeled 180-200 so I'm hoping it grounds at 180 and the fan comes on and cools it down or at least keeps it there. No time for testing supposed to get 4-8 today. I need to get my but out there and hook up the keyed power wire to the fuse block and put the plow back on I'm seeing snow flurries now. Sure wish I had time to get the radio working.
KIMG2141.JPG
KIMG2142.JPG
KIMG2143.JPG

I figured come spring I can meeting up the wiring when it's not 20° out and I'm putting my motor back in.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
. Sure wish I had time to get the radio working.
Time for another old school trick.

Take a boom box, run the seat belt strap through the handle, buckle it in and listen to cassette tapes.

My semi modern update to that fix in the 1990s was discman on the seat and pair of battery operated speakers tucked onto the corners of the dash.

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Time for another old school trick.

Take a boom box, run the seat belt strap through the handle, buckle it in and listen to cassette tapes.

My semi modern update to that fix in the 1990s was discman on the seat and pair of battery operated speakers tucked onto the corners of the dash.
I've got a smartphone and a jbl flip5 bluetooth speaker but I like radio in a plow truck. For time and wether updates Yes the phone dose that but I have to stop and look at it

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I've got a smartphone and a jbl flip5 bluetooth speaker but I like radio in a plow truck. For time and wether updates Yes the phone dose that but I have to stop and look at it
What about streaming live radio through the phone? Most of the stations I used to listed to out of Boston and Springfield broadcast live online... maybe an option?

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Well here in Jersey the big snow storm turned out to be rain overnight. I didn't get called so I'm headed in to work today like usual. I am going to drive the plow truck to test out the modifications see if it runs cooler. Maybe plow the body shop lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor