Square body crew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Those Blue Streak wires look high quality. Sucks on the leaky brakes.

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
looks good. Bit by bit !

I run MSD Streetfire wires on my heap. Bought 1 set then another I seen on clearance ( for spares ) and use zip-tie wire separators for that " expensive" look that I desire LOL
Ran blue streak for years and cant say I ever had any issues

Reactions: 1 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I got it back together and home. Unfortunately it was a rush job my boss wanted it out of the shop so there still not bled or adjusted I did manage to swap out the lugnuts for stock ones. As I suspected they were all loose because the taper was wrong they were for aluminum wheels. I did save them tho just in case I ever run across a cheep set of aftermarket wheels
I won't be doing anything else today I'm sick as a dog and running a fever so I may just rest it's way to cold out anyway

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Get some rest. Hope you feel better soon.

• Agree

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Tonight after work I filled the tank again it took 12.824 gallons and I drove it to work and back 8 times it's about 4 miles one way and I do about 2 miles for lunch
Umm math 2 trains something

Anyway when I got home I braved the sub artic temperatures outside, jacked it up adjusted the rear brakes and got my wife to help me bleed them. Took it on a quick road test now it pulls right on hard braking but worse than that for the first time it gave me the square body death wobble! So not cool. I immediately went in the house and ordered all new tie rods drag link and sleeves from rockauto.com I knew everything was worn and loose but I didn't think it was all that bad so I went back outside and I filled the voids with grease hopefully that gets me through until the parts get here and I can put them in next weekend. Maybe tomorrow night I'll try and readjust the rear brakes to stop it from pulling.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Does it have a big panhard/track bar in front like the F350? Our bucket trucks at work used to get that death wobble when the bar's bushings got soft.
No it looks just like an old Chevy 1/2 ton but bigger and I all ready did spring bushings and a new stabilizer on the steering so I'm throwing tie rods at it. Hopefully I can find a front end shop that'll do the alignment and put the New Shackle bushings in it for me

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Don't forget the Pitman and idler....
The Pittman arm has no moving parts it's connected to the left knuckle with two tie rods. Then there's a long tie rod that goes from the driver side to the passenger side and a short one on the passenger side connecting the knuckles together

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor