Square body crew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Yes and no I had planned on selling it regardless because I needed the money for a good cause. Oh that's right I guess I can tell you guys now. I am legally the owner of a registered business called restoration Solutions and the square body crew is the company vehicle. I hope to be open up and running by April. That's why the Duramax had to go money for equipment. I'll be welding fabricating and media blasting out of the truck. So restore reuse and repurpose. I'm there for you!
Awsome. Good for you and I wish you luck !

• Friendly
  • Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Awsome. Good for you and I wish you luck !
Thanks it's been a long time coming I've wanted to get out of the body shops for years but there's not much use for 30 years of auto body skills in other fields and from what I've seen in the industry unless you own the shop the only way out is death disease or dismemberment hell I got fired because a blood vessel busted in my brain once. So for me it's restoration Solutions welding fabricating Media Blasting and surface preparation. restore reuse repurpose at least that's what I want to write on a truck. There's still a lot up in the air I still need to get approved for my loan but I don't think it'll be a problem.

Reactions: 1 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Wahoo! Took it to work today and just got back from lunch in it so much nicer to drive now! Still needs work but this weekend made a monumental difference I even got the alignment close.
Forgot to post this yesterday
8871.jpeg

If I were an artist I'd call that picture swimming in hell

• Winner
Reactions: 1 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Now That it drives nice I'm toying with the idea that it needs a different motor. Like a stump pulling 454. It is attainable I do have one in my shed among other things but I don't have a good set of heads for it nor do I know anything about big block Chevy heads like which ones I should use. The big block I have is a 90 454 fuel injected motor from the dump truck that I parted earlier in this thread obviously I'm not going fuel injection with it so I'll need an intake an intake manifold an RV Towing camshaft and a set of heads because if I remember correctly it had two burned intake valves and about 6 tulip exhaust valves. She was an oil burner! As far as a rebuild kit I'll probably do an eBay cheap outset. So what are your thoughts what direction do you think I should take with this motor? Does anybody have a cheap set of heads?

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Put a Cummins 12v in it!:censored:
I don't have one but I have a 454 and all the accessories for square body or.....I can have the output shaft in one of my olds th400's changed and put one of my extra 455s in it but I need 403 trans am mounts and it would cost a lot more to build another trans and a 455 than it would to go threw the 454 and throw it in

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I saw Ian on Xtreme 4x4 do it on a Sunday morning. :D

An Olds 455 would have enough torque to pull that porker, fo sho!
Yes but I'm missing a few pieces of that puzzle like an old diesel power steering pump for the hydroboost and 403 olds motor mounts and a chunk of money. The 454 would be way cheaper to build

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
drop the BB in it and roll. Its obviously not a performance build and cant be any worse on fuel than flogging the SBC like you are now :)

Maybe keep your eyes out for an F450. Friend of mine swears by them for work trucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor