Square body crew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
It's raining worse today than yesterday I'm not finding the ambition to go finish this thing. AccuWeather says it's not going to clear up until 4 this afternoon. I think I'm going to make a redneck Tent City out front with tarps and geterdone. The neighbors should love this.

Reactions: 2 users

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
Oil pickup is right, o ring is seated nice. It's just screwed up. Sometimes things don't go like we want.

Keep at that truck, you're not alone in your struggles!!

Reactions: 2 users

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
( in my best foghorn leghorn impersonation ) " I always keep a 10x20 blue tarp and a dozen bungee cords on hand for just such an occasion "

Reactions: 1 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Well I'm done swimming around in the driveway I'm soaked and freezing and in pain but I managed to road test my truck! I'll get you guys an update with some pictures as soon as I take a shower and start my relaxing weekend Oh wait yeah that's right.

• Winner
Reactions: 5 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I try to learn something everyday what I've learned in these past couple weeks is if anyone brings me a Dana 60 that needs kingpins I'm going to tell them to go pound salt! If you ever need to attempt it do not even begin to imagine trying to do it without good torches and a porta power. I even needed a porta power to put the lower bearing races in because the bottom ball joints are Cup and Cone bearing.
IMG_20180211_200619.jpg

You would think that with the weight of the truck would push that race right in but no that porta power lifted it off the jack stand and I had to beat the rear down to make the race go in the hole. Pretty much everything I did went hard and I had to be forceful but it's together with a used set of lock out hubs I picked up at the swap meet last spring.
IMG_20180210_172857455.jpg

I also gave it some bling with a chrome diff cover because the truck needs all the bling it can get. Sorry no pictures of that my phone was dead it was cold I was wet and I was freezing. The test drive went great and truck drives way better than I even expected it to. Still needs an alignment but I got it close I figure I'll do the alignment after I do the upper shackle bushings. The next disaster I have to conquer however is the transmission is leaking fluid into the transfer case so I guess next weekend I'm pulling the transfer case so I can change a $2 seal that should be fun hope it's not raining

• Winner
Reactions: 1 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Old trucks are cool, but I bet you are second guessing selling your newer truck.

Reactions: 1 user

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Old trucks are cool, but I bet you are second guessing selling your newer truck.
Yes and no I had planned on selling it regardless because I needed the money for a good cause. Oh that's right I guess I can tell you guys now. I am legally the owner of a registered business called restoration Solutions and the square body crew is the company vehicle. I hope to be open up and running by April. That's why the Duramax had to go money for equipment. I'll be welding fabricating and media blasting out of the truck. So restore reuse and repurpose. I'm there for you!

• Winner
Reactions: 6 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor