Square body crew

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItsnotaGN

G-Body Guru
May 28, 2016
Colorado
I think that it will be impressive rolling up to do media blasting in the crew cab. Maybe TURNA has an actual chance of getting his frame notch!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I think that it will be impressive rolling up to do media blasting in the crew cab. Maybe TURNA has an actual chance of getting his frame notch!
That's the hole point of the truck if I showed up in a late model truck and do a job I look like everyone else I show up in an old crew cab painted up standing tall it sticks in there mind if you rolled up and seen my truck and a new 450 what one would you remember lol it's advertisement on wheels baby! The 454 needs a go threw and if and when I do it I'll be relying heavily on the forum for build advise when I ran Chevy's I all ways had small blocks.
The old truck heads are junk and to far gone to spend money on so I figured if I finde a set cheep ready to go I'll do it.

And yes TURNA dose we could even barter but if I got to cross those bridges he's paying the tolls lol

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
You need oval or peanut port heads. The peanut port heads are meant for torque and aren't desirable for anything but a truck. Weiand even makes a dual plane Street Warrior carb intake for those heads that works with a Qjet.

• Informative

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
Out of curiosity I just researched your suggestion and the prices are hell no!
It is a work vehicle. You can write that motor off on your taxes.:LOL:

• Agree

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
It is a work vehicle. You can write that motor off on your taxes.:LOL:
Yea but I still need to lay out the money
You need oval or peanut port heads. The peanut port heads are meant for torque and aren't desirable for anything but a truck. Weiand even makes a dual plane Street Warrior carb intake for those heads that works with a Qjet.
Do you know any casting numbers to make the search easier?

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
No, I am not a chebbie guy. It should be 80's and 90's truck motors till the Vortec heads came out for the 454. I also agree that nearly any Olds V8 beats a chebbie for a truck motor. That is why GM went peanut port in the first place, trying to make it a low end torque motor. What trans is in your truck?

Last edited:

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Dad had a 76 Suburban with a 454, turbo 400 and a 4.11 posi. It was the 'trailering special'. Nothing feels like a BBC. It was thirsty though. 11 mpg without the A/C and 10 mpg with it. That was when the speed limits were 60 mph and that was driving it with restraint.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
No, I am not a chebbie guy. It should be 80's and 90's truck motors till the Vortec heads came out for the 454. I also agree that nearly any Olds V8 beats a chebbie for a truck motor. That why GM went peanut port in the first place, trying to make it a low end torque motor. What trans is in your truck?
Th400

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor