Square body crew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Weekend is here and it may be a good one. Sunny Saturday and partly cloudy Sunday and warming up to the 40s. I would love to dive into the transfer case put I still have no reliable help. I'm not going to let Lauren pull a cast iron 205 with me and my bad arm. I've got a lot of parts to install and just don't know where to start lol oh well I'll do something and hopefully not wrong

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Weekend is here and it may be a good one. Sunny Saturday and partly cloudy Sunday and warming up to the 40s. I would love to dive into the transfer case put I still have no reliable help. I'm not going to let Lauren pull a cast iron 205 with me and my bad arm. I've got a lot of parts to install and just don't know where to start lol oh well I'll do something and hopefully not wrong
Consider getting one of these. I really like it....
https://m.harborfreight.com/automot.../450-lb-low-lift-transmission-jack-61232.html
Don't forget your 20% coupon.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Hmm I think I like that idea it looks like it doesn't take up much space when not in use
It doesn't. When it comes out of the box, you have to put the wheels on it. It will go right back in the box with the wheels on it. I put it under my transmission when I pulled my crossmember and it held up the engine and transmission for days. I wasn't worried about it. No hydraulics to bleed down. I love that little thing.

Reactions: 1 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Well I didn't get any work done but I made more for myself lol I bought another trailer to turn into a blasting rig it was cheap for a 7 ton because it's kinda rough but that's ok I'll be cutting and welding all over it anyway I'll snap you a picture tomorrow it's to damn cold out there now

Reactions: 1 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Well I didn't get any work done but I made more for myself lol I bought another trailer to turn into a blasting rig it was cheap for a 7 ton because it's kinda rough but that's ok I'll be cutting and welding all over it anyway I'll snap you a picture tomorrow it's to damn cold out there now
IMG_20180310_183516.jpg
IMG_20180310_183556.jpg
that should work out fine I'm siked to start cutting it up and welding on it

Reactions: 3 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
At last I managed to find time to change the plug wires and do a little tuning. It's still not great but it's much better considering. You see my vacuum guage is still under the hood of my 78 Cutlass and my 78 Cutlass is still on the lift at my family's place in PA. The other issue I found is all those mismatched parts under the hood it seems that balancer isn't for that timing tab so I'm really tuning by ear and feal I should probably get some more done because tomorrow after work I'm going to pick up a ibc tote for the blasting rig Tuesday night im installing a new dishwasher and wendsday I have an I-CAR class. But I just don't feel like doing anything tonight

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I got to get it out on the highway and stretch it's legs a little. After work I went and picked up an IBC Tote to use for water container on my homemade rig. Ran the truck up Route 70 and across 34 into Manasquan at the wall border seems like the longer I was on the road with it the better it ran and drove. By the time I got back to the hanger bearing was screaming and it definitely needs some U-joints. I guess I'll do that when I do the transfer case seals I I guess I'll do that one I do the transfer case seals hopefully this weekend weather permitting.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor