Square body crew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I worked on it all weekend.... I have no idea what I did lol the only things I got done are the rear differential vent the right turn signal and I beat out some of the bad dents in the utility body that's some heavy steel by the way I had to use a port of power as a dolly with a mini sleg for a hammer. I also messed around with the air bag helpers and I think I'm going to make some improvements on the disine before I install them. There ment to fit 10 20 and 30 series and I don't think the heavy duty rear springs we're a design consideration but I have a plan of attack the only other thing I did was start making out the custom shelves I'm going to build in the back compartment on the passenger side. More on that later tho because I need to reinforce that box to take a small crane maybe next Saturday morning I'll go pick up the steel to do it

Reactions: 1 user

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
I think the LMC drawing may be wrong. There are no mid-point 'cable guides'. There are two directional brackets that corresponding to 'item 9' (2 places) and two rear brackets that locate the sleeved cables to the backing plates. There is one bracket that holds the sleeved cable up to brake pedal assembly (where item 8 clips on). Item 10 goes to a hole in the crossmember. Gonna have use your ingenuity on that one, mine is long gone, but the diagram leads me to believe it is roughly across the way from the pedal cable bracket, kind of like idler arm-Pitman arm relationship.
Brakes.JPG

Reactions: 1 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I think the LMC drawing may be wrong. There are no mid-point 'cable guides'. There are two directional brackets that corresponding to 'item 9' (2 places) and two rear brackets that locate the sleeved cables to the backing plates. There is one bracket that holds the sleeved cable up to brake pedal assembly (where item 8 clips on). Item 10 goes to a hole in the crossmember. Gonna have use your ingenuity on that one, mine is long gone, but the diagram leads me to believe it is roughly across the way from the pedal cable bracket, kind of like idler arm-Pitman arm relationship.
View attachment 84911
Well the #10 is the one I will have to drill for because I have a 88 v3500 transmission transfer case and cross member the 2 mid frame guides that yours didn't have may only be crew cab one is on mine smashed flat to the frame when I first saw it I thought it was an old exaust bracket

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
You could also fab a pair of mid-point brackets that look like the forward one for the brake pedal cable. Drill three holes and put a 90-degree twist in each one using a bench vise and a pair of Channel-Locks.

Reactions: 1 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
You could also fab a pair of mid-point brackets that look like the forward one for the brake pedal cable. Drill three holes and put a 90-degree twist in each one using a bench vise and a pair of Channel-Locks.
That's exactly what I was thinking. Now that I have some of the system none of it looks to complicated. Thanks to you I won't need to build much just fill in the blanks

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I got a package in the mail today! 1 gallon of green base coat and a gallon setup of fast clear I can finally start edging parts when I have temperature. I can't wait to change the look of this thing

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I never used this stuff before but it's only got to be a 20 footer
15215974443461080107621.jpg

I think I may have used this clear tho it sounds familiar.
1521597593199368850547.jpg

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Green company restoration Solutions restore reuse repurpose. Crushed glass media is environmentally inert says the EPA. Green appeals to tree huggers and the hybrid crew cab appeals to hot rodders lol
When did you become such an eco-weenie? :p Now, you have me wondering what crushed green glass would look like as metal flake in the clear.....
Once it takes off, I know where there's a green G body with a recycled drivetrain to use for sales and estimates.... just sayin' :whistle:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor