Square body crew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
When did you become such an eco-weenie? :p Now, you have me wondering what crushed green glass would look like as metal flake in the clear.....
Once it takes off, I know where there's a green G body with a recycled drivetrain to use for sales and estimates.... just sayin' :whistle:
Never I live in one of those blue spots on the map. It's all about getting bisness. Lots of big city transplants at the shore.

I let the kids pick the green on eBay off my phone looking at the spot on top of the can I don't know

I'm hoping my 78 Cutlass is going to do that I guess we'll see

Reactions: 1 user

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Victory! With a bit of cleanup, you are good to go (and stop).
View attachment 84785
Easiest way to mount them is 7/16"x1" grade 8 bolts and lock nuts. I used fine thread ones from Fastenal. Dropped right into the rivet holes.
View attachment 84787
The rest of the photos will tell you where to mount them if the holes are not already there. If you need measurements, let me know.
I got a present in the mail today!!! A little glass bead some epoxy and black paint I'm good to go! Thank you so much

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I haven't got much done it rained all weekend just did some more cleaning and organizing moved some shelves around in the bed bought a tool box at home Depot to mount in one of the bed boxes. The air bags came in but it was just raining to hard to get it done.
On a lighter note I broke down and ordered a Chinese plasma cutter to make some of the modifications easier plus I wanted my own for a long time and I won't be able to use my bosses after I eventually quit. Lol can't wait!!!
Still no word from the Bean counters about the equipment so I'm just trying to keep busy.
I may need to have one of you guys hit a junkyard for me I can't find a 77-80 parts truck anywhere around here and these parking brake parts are impossible to find.
So in your travels (remember keep it cheap lol) it's supposed to have steel brackets that just hook in the frame and hold the cables up because it takes a cable that loops all the way up and back from the back to the forward cable and 2 rear cables on each side I can buy cables but the brackets and connecting Hardware seem elusive so keep me in mind please. I'd like to get the parking brake parts installed before I fix the exaust and believe me I want to do something about the exaust! These fake flomasters Suck! They sound like glass packs and I'm flogging that 350

You know, pack rat that I am I have a pile of those little black parking brake hangers lying around new in packages. They were reproduction, I picked up as spares for a '76 I got too good an offer to turn down on. Never used them. I'd let em go for what I had into them, if you were still looking...

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
You know, pack rat that I am I have a pile of those little black parking brake hangers lying around new in packages. They were reproduction, I picked up as spares for a '76 I got too good an offer to turn down on. Never used them. I'd let em go for what I had into them, if you were still looking...
Post a photo if you find them.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Thats an easy one. We were over digging on my c/k brake parts shelf over last weekend taking inventory for my '77.

There is a hole in that particular box, so, there may be more on the ground behind the shelving... but.... 20180322_095029.jpg

There were some cables with them as well. I'd need to run parts numbers to see what the cables fit though.

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
seen this vid and thought of this thread. Its a lot of work to get the cummins in there

Last edited:

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Now you tell me lol I bought then from LMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor