Status
Not open for further replies.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
And just one more
1524403309223197664330.jpg
it sucks the pictures do nothing for that color it's got like blue and gold in the flop

Reactions: 3 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
That's going to look great. Can't wait to see it all done.

Reactions: 1 user

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Put a ZF5 in it! Or you could LS swap it. They don't care about running 3k all the time, in fact they sound great in that range and make really good power. Or 4l80e if you must but Im not a huge fan of them in trucks. First is too tall and overdrive is pretty shallow. Robust however.
Umm what's a zf5? Lol and that all sounds nice however very expensive I'm guessing

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
That's going to look great. Can't wait to see it all done.
Thanks I think it's a good idea painting the parts off like this they needed to be edged out anyway and this way it starts looking better as I go. I told my cousin Tanner when I finlfin get it to his place we can just blow the doors and fenders back off fix the cab and bed blast paint on it and slap it back together for the Stripes

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
ZF5 is a 5 speed manual trans.

Any trans change will require crossmember and driveshaft changes so they will be spendy. A carbed 5.3 could be in and running for around 2k.

None of these are cheap options. If you smoked that small block then you'll be in it that much to replace it but it just bolts in real nice like.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
ZF5 is a 5 speed manual trans.

Any trans change will require crossmember and driveshaft changes so they will be spendy. A carbed 5.3 could be in and running for around 2k.

None of these are cheap options. If you smoked that small block then you'll be in it that much to replace it but it just bolts in real nice like.
I've swong my fair share of small block Chevys lol

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Ok I swapped out the oil sending unets now I'm running bolth of them like I think it's supposed to be still no guage.

Pin pointed the noise to the right bank. Pulled the valve cover and found #8 intake rocker was way loose so I ajusted all the rockers on that side however I think I'm loosing that lifter or lobe off the cam that rocker nut is down the threds about 1/4" futher than the others. I can't do anything else about it today so after it cools off I'm going to put the valve cover back on and hang my door if time is on my side I may paint another one

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Ok I swapped out the oil sending unets now I'm running bolth of them like I think it's supposed to be still no guage.

Pin pointed the noise to the right bank. Pulled the valve cover and found #8 intake rocker was way loose so I ajusted all the rockers on that side however I think I'm loosing that lifter or lobe off the cam that rocker nut is down the threds about 1/4" futher than the others. I can't do anything else about it today so after it cools off I'm going to put the valve cover back on and hang my door if time is on my side I may paint another one
15244102623761240876709.jpg

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Have someone crank it while you watch before you put the cover back on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor