Square body crew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I got no work done today but I feel the need to go on an inappropriate rant! However I won't I'll just say I've had enough of new Jersey!!!!! And there bs laws designed to take away constitutional rights!! I'm putting this motor in and using the truck to friggin move! Rant over that's all for now

Reactions: 1 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Probably not going to to be an update for a few days. I haven't had a full night's sleep sense Sunday night and I'm headed in to work today. Probably a good thing I don't think I have the minde set to do what I need to do on the truck anyway. So I'll just go fix other people's cars

Reactions: 2 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Probably not going to to be an update for a few days. I haven't had a full night's sleep sense Sunday night and I'm headed in to work today. Probably a good thing I don't think I have the minde set to do what I need to do on the truck anyway. So I'll just go fix other people's cars
I get this and is why, along with shitty money, why I drive truck vs being a mechanic. It is hard enough to motivate myself these days.

Reactions: 1 user

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Nothing to update guys it's been a pretty crappy week and I was out of split firewood so that's what I ended up doing this weekend. Killing logs keeps me sane. Well relatively level plateau

Reactions: 2 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
It's been pretty nasty out since Sunday evening snow, freezing rain. Sleet. Now rain again. This morning the truck wouldn't start when I went out to warm it up. I pulled a plug wire and checked for spark. Nothing! No fire in the hole. I ended up calling Brian the kid from work to give me a ride in and I texted my buddy Mark because he stopped by over the weekend and told me he had a Chevy distributor if I wanted it. Well Mark had a delayed opening today at fort Dix so he dropped it off to me at work. Turns out it's got an MSD module in it and it's a fairly clean distributor. I have Brian drive me home from work and I don't want to work on the truck in the rain so just for argument sake I turned the key vrumm fired right up! WTF? I'm wondering if it's that same intermittent problem I was having on the road last summer? Anyway it's supposed to be in the 50s here and sunny tomorrow so I'll swap the distributor then and hopefully it holds out until it all comes out.

Reactions: 4 users

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
With as much rain as we've had: hose the inside of the distributor cap out with WD40. Ya know WD stands for Water Displacement/er.....
Dunno about you. All my rigs been hating on me for the last couple weeks. Gremlins or Gods litte joke I dunno ! Hang in there.

Anyways thought I would drop this Food For thought. Not sure how long the link will be good for but it;s HRG working on a low buck version of the last of the 454's. Good for a chuckle when they drop a thousand dollar carb on top of a motor but made me smile to see they didnt window the block while they made North of 450 ( should be reliable) hp

https://www.motortrendondemand.com/detail/low-buck-big-power-big-block/0_3mkwcfw7/

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Looks like I'm finally getting a substantial snow storm. Don't know for shore the wether reports are all so different who could tell. I do know that if it comes I'm just gonna send it hold up or blow up
17075.jpeg

Reactions: 5 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Baby it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor