*ss Monkey selling a Green 79 El Camino

Status
Not open for further replies.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Unfortunately it's a show on Discovery where Richard Rawlings buys,flips & "restores" cars & trucks.
Never watched it, but I assume from seeing this thing it mimics the stereotypical backwoods used car dealer that buys something off impound or auction, wd-40s the paint, sticks 4 pine tree airfresheners in, puts an egg in the radiator and mixes sawdust into the oil.

Now it's a "cream puff" thats "showing" low miles and was driven mainly to church and a mile to the grocery store once a week by a widow.

Sound about right?

Reactions: 1 user

Lowdollarbuild

Apprentice
Dec 12, 2018
N E Georgia
Never watched it, but I assume from seeing this thing it mimics the stereotypical backwoods used car dealer that buys something off impound or auction, wd-40s the paint, sticks 4 pine tree airfresheners in, puts an egg in the radiator and mixes sawdust into the oil.

Now it's a "cream puff" thats "showing" low miles and was driven mainly to church and a mile to the grocery store once a week by a widow.

Sound about right?
Not that bad, but don't have a very high opinion of his character. He bought some Nash Healey's from a real old man that I met for pennies on the dollar who wanted to be on TV for a whole 3 seconds. RIP Mr Alston.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

jlcustomz

G-Body Guru
Nov 22, 2011
I have a mint condition GMG shirt wife's friend got me for Christmas a few years ago, wore long enough to take a picture in with a fake smile. Need to write it in my will not to be buried in that shirt , because I wouldn't want to be caught dead in it. 🤪

When I bought my black 83' in 1993', it was on the lifted display on the corner lot of a large used car place. Part of what got me was I was able to walk under it & everything looked pretty cleaned. Starter on drivers side, which told me it was a olds swapped diesel model. Had the previous owner story with it. Drove it home less than 15 miles & every f'n fluid was leaking. Went back & they said that no we don't wash the drivetrain. BULL F'N S**T. How else do you do from no leaks to all leaks????

Long story short, I enjoy watching parts of GMG show on dvr where I can fast forward for entertainment purposes. More fast forward now that older shows. But trust in buying a used flipper from that oily headed over egoed smart *ss. The proof of why not to buy from him is documented on film. I mean, how stupid would you need to be? May as well get the cherry cream puff from the local car lot from the guy in the plad suit. At least you won't have the tv price tag added on & won't be filmed making a bad decision.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor