Starter Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
all the parts stores basically have the same programs to look up parts...the difference is the person who is serving. It is the store's problem tho if they hire idiots since it only takes one mistake sometimes to get a bad rep. You need to get to know the guys who work at the store to find out which ones are good....

mheath717

Master Mechanic
Nov 13, 2008
Florida
tc1959 said:
I don't know if every part store is bad but I always get the the person that "If it's not in the computer , by make , model, and year it does not exist." I was at A.Z. yesterday ,and the young lady behind the counter could not get me a 3 ft piece of 3/8 fuel line. She could not find it in the computer.

That sounds a lot like the Advanced Auto in my neighborhood. I go over there, and its a bunch of smart *ss girls working. None of them seem like they have ever worked on a car a day in their lives.

mheath717

Master Mechanic
Nov 13, 2008
Florida
pontiacgp said:
all the parts stores basically have the same programs to look up parts...the difference is the person who is serving. It is the store's problem tho if they hire idiots since it only takes one mistake sometimes to get a bad rep. You need to get to know the guys who work at the store to find out which ones are good....

Haha. People call up to my store on a daily basis, and only talk to me. I've had them tell me that if I didn't work there, they wouldn't know where to shop. But I always do all I can to get people the parts they are after.

Even if it means pulling out a book from under the counter, if its "not in the computer."

mheath717

Master Mechanic
Nov 13, 2008
Florida
442Jayp said:
haha so now ur saying i gave the wrong info yeh ok im not dumb when it comes to cars...i told them i have a olds 307 and brought my old starter in too so there is no excuse for a autozone employee to mess up when they have a cpu in their face...until autozone in my area gets a better staff im not dealing with them..

Yeaaa... Thats pretty bad. If you bring a part in, and they cant match it up... They need some help whever you are. They could have just went back there and matched you one up. They keep the DL6314MS in stock. That is the only 307 starter they list. All the way up untill 1990 when the last 307 was produced. The guy helping you must have selected the wrong motor, or went to a fwd cutlass.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
I used to work parts too back in the day. I just look up the part number online and go to the store with it to prevent all the above drama.

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
tc1959 said:
I don't know if every part store is bad but I always get the the person that "If it's not in the computer , by make , model, and year it does not exist." I was at A.Z. yesterday ,and the young lady behind the counter could not get me a 3 ft piece of 3/8 fuel line. She could not find it in the computer.

Not to sound like a pig...but the only women that should be working in a parts store should be delivering parts. There are a few out there that know cars...but most of them dont even like to look under the hood. Thats the only thing I dont like about AZ or Advance, they will hire anybody that can pass a drug test and has a good driving record.

When I go into a parts store for a hard to find part, I look for a manager, or somebody with grease under their finger nails. If they work on cars, they usually know what they're doing and can find what you need.

tc1959

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 23, 2009
Surprise AZ.
bill said:
tc1959 said:

Not to sound like a pig...but the only women that should be working in a parts store should be delivering parts. There are a few out there that know cars...but most of them don't even like to look under the hood. That's the only thing I dont like about AZ or Advance, they will hire anybody that can pass a drug test and has a good driving record.

When I go into a parts store for a hard to find part, I look for a manager, or somebody with grease under their finger nails. If they work on cars, they usually know what they're doing and can find what you need.

I used to be a shop foreman at a Gm dealer That starts with a O and end's with an 'S. I had over 100 people apply for a job as a porter/lot attendant only 3 could pass a whiz Quiz :blam:

442Jayp

Master Mechanic
Nov 11, 2010
i need help my starter isnt lining up right with the flywheel..someone reply asap and let me kno what i can do..i want to drive on this beautiful sunday..and io have school in the am :|

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor