Starter Wiring Metal Tube Removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

84Elky

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 30, 2010
SOLVED! The issue was a bad ground -- battery to block. But a most unusual one. The test that brought it out was disconnecting battery ground cable, Neg DVM lead to neg batt and pos lead to disconnected cable. Bingo, 0.2v. All grounds good except at the block. It was more than tight and not corroded. But, after disconnecting and inspecting the cable end, it was not truly flat where attached to block. Not bent, just not really flat even though a star washer was used, apparently preventing solid contact. But this cable has been this way for over 6 years and has never been touched. Go figure. Filed flat, reattached and it cranked.

Thanks for the help!

Reactions: 1 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
SOLVED! The issue was a bad ground -- battery to block. But a most unusual one. The test that brought it out was disconnecting battery ground cable, Neg DVM lead to neg batt and pos lead to disconnected cable. Bingo, 0.2v. All grounds good except at the block. It was more than tight and not corroded. But, after disconnecting and inspecting the cable end, it was not truly flat where attached to block. Not bent, just not really flat even though a star washer was used, apparently preventing solid contact. But this cable has been this way for over 6 years and has never been touched. Go figure. Filed flat, reattached and it cranked.

Thanks for the help!
Those Electrical Gremlins. They'll GET YA!!! Glad you got it fixed.

gremlins.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Sorry I missed your post about the alarm. I did car audio and security for 8 years in my previous life. The DEI products are virtually bulletproof.

Glad you got your issue resolved!

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario

Thanks for the help!

a few posts ago before you went on your battery excursion....

check the engine ground

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
But collectively, as the G-body Power Rangers, we can solve anything!

And I'll even help take some of the credit when no credit is due! How's that for teamwork?

Call me "Blister" Ranger. I show up when the work is done.

I think fleming442 should have the name "Rump" Ranger because he's always tries to get behind everyone on the team. :) um, to help them out, of course.

And pontiacgp should get the name "Legal" Ranger because he actually solves the issue that we take the credit for. And makes sure to take care of all the legal documentation keeping us out of jail.

GO GO G-body Power Rangers!!!

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor