JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
Couldn't agree more...

Strollie

n00b
Dec 16, 2016
I need help trying to pull off this hub... I never had a steering wheel when I bought this 85 regal because the dude said I jus needed and aftermarket wheel since it's an aftermarket hub.. i have the original wheel but it doesn't fit my column.. can some one let know know either 1. How to remove it or 2. Which aftermarket steering wheel would fit?

Attachments

• IMG_3121.JPG
    IMG_3121.JPG
    775.4 KB · Views: 166

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Do you own a wheel puller? I would squirt a little penetrating oil in around the shaft and attach a wheel puller to the hub. Maybe also remove that straight flathead head screw.

We also appreciate when new members introduce themselves before asking questions.

Strollie

n00b
Dec 16, 2016
Do you own a wheel puller? I would squirt a little penetrating oil in around the shaft and attach a wheel puller to the hub. Maybe also remove that straight flathead head screw.

We also appreciate when new members introduce themselves before asking questions.
Well I'm strollie 21 years old i come from Lancaster California. I own a 1985 Buick Regal Limited. 3.8 v6 under the hood. I'm still building it I jus need my pumps dumps batteries and of course steering wheel this is stopping me from doin my thing lol. I had a puller but it didn't work and I was thinking maybe a harmonic balancer?

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Well I'm strollie 21 years old i come from Lancaster California. I own a 1985 Buick Regal Limited. 3.8 v6 under the hood. I'm still building it I jus need my pumps dumps batteries and of course steering wheel this is stopping me from doin my thing lol. I had a puller but it didn't work and I was thinking maybe a harmonic balancer?
Welcome aboard Strollie!
I would think a good puller would do the trick. Maybe try one that has jaws that would fit around the three arms.
Do you mean bolting a harmonic balancer to the hub and trying to pull the balancer attached to the hub? That might be doable if you can get the balancer connected firmly to that hub. I can't say I've ever seen a steering wheel hub like that one before. It still needs to come off.
Was there a wheel on it when you got the car?

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Strollie

n00b
Dec 16, 2016
Welcome aboard Strollie!
I would think a good puller would do the trick. Maybe try one that has jaws that would fit around the three arms.
Do you mean bolting a harmonic balancer to the hub and trying to pull the balancer attached to the hub? That might be doable if you can get the balancer connected firmly to that hub. I can't say I've ever seen a steering wheel hub like that one before. It still needs to come off.
Welcome aboard Strollie!
I never had one I was told I needed an aftermarket wheel cause of that hub, I've been lookin for helps for months

mr evil

Aug 4, 2009
Sooke, BC, Canada
Might be a hub for a Grant wheel? As Longroof said, try to get some lube on the shaft because it looks a bit crusty. A puller usually comes with various size bolts for pulling and aren't too expensive if you want to try that again.....other than that I could only suggest very carefully trying to pry a little at a time at various points around the hub?

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

buick7332

Master Mechanic
Oct 21, 2014
N.E. Philadelphia area
Might be a hub for a Grant wheel? As Longroof said, try to get some lube on the shaft because it looks a bit crusty. A puller usually comes with various size bolts for pulling and aren't too expensive if you want to try that again.....other than that I could only suggest very carefully trying to pry a little at a time at various points around the hub?
You could also go with another column.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
I'm partial to the look and feel of wood and chrome wheels. Dark color stain and chrome would look great in my interior. That or a burgundy t type wheel with the buick horn emblem.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
  • Agree
Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor