Stereo feedback when motor running

Baker7888

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2021
Maine
Think i got it guys. Went with custom cut moroso blue max wires and delco plugs gapped at .45
False alarm apparently. Everything I do seems to help a little bit but not cure the issue. I also added a hood ground strap and reconfigured my engine ground, and grounded chassis as well. I have tried with and without antenna. I had my head unit wiring harness bundled up with the heat system wiring harness which it did not seem to like. I reconfigured those away from eachother and I thought I had it. And then i put my head unit back in place and i am still getting some crackling. I have a supposedly better quality noise filter on the way and will try that when it gets here.

Baker7888

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2021
Maine
False alarm apparently. Everything I do seems to help a little bit but not cure the issue. I also added a hood ground strap and reconfigured my engine ground, and grounded chassis as well. I have tried with and without antenna. I had my head unit wiring harness bundled up with the heat system wiring harness which it did not seem to like. I reconfigured those away from eachother and I thought I had it. And then i put my head unit back in place and i am still getting some crackling. I have a supposedly better quality noise filter on the way and will try that when it gets here.
Better quality noise filter by brand name Browning seems to have done the trick. Thanks for the help guys.

Reactions: 1 user

spongbob

Greasemonkey
Oct 1, 2022
You used to use a choke on the power line. A choke is a transformer that dosent transform it has an iron core and a bunch of copper windings that resist the ripple caused by altonators or corroded connections in the main system ect. Of course a large electrolyte capacitor can be hooked to the radio supply feed (positive wire).. were talking upwards of 2300 mfds.findung one in an old TV chassie is not ruled out .you can used a cap rated at voltages 4 times higher then 12 volts that means below 50 volts in case we are interested in knowing this but not less then 12 ..so a 35 v DC capacitor with somewhere between 2300 mfd and say 3300 mfd should clear up power interference if it's from spark plug wires it's coming in on your antenna. Get some ingnition wires...as far as a capacitor is concerned the voltage polarity is marked with a strip the side the strip is on is negative you may need to solder some leads to the pins ? To mention capacitors used in addition to high output sub amps they are _can be huge the size of a can of soup and be many times the mfd sizes you might hook to the head itself well thanks 😊 2 wires 1 pos 1 neg.not rocket science...
Screenshot_20230722-101259_Firefox.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor