Stereo? What do y'all have??

Status
Not open for further replies.

midwestls

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2007
Bismarck North Dakota
Orion, nice. Haven't heard from them in awhile. So anyways, I've got this stack of old factory Delco, Ford and Chrysler factory radios. Maybe theres even some 8 tracks or record players or something. Hey guy that says subs sound like mufflers falling off, wanna buy some high quality 1980's factory sterieos??? I think I've even got some 4x10's out of my 86 monte. Want those too? lol j/k Even though factory sterieos are in fact sounding alot better then the did before, they still do not even begin to compair to the billion dollar a year aftermarket world. I've had 2 olds auroras now, one was a 95 with a factory bose system, and get this only a tape deck, yeah, bose cassette. My other was a 97 with the standard tape/cd non bose system. The 97 sounded better right out of the box. Then with a different deck, some diamond audio highs, ppi amps, and earthquake magma subs, I was winning trophys. Can't do that with a factory sterieo.

Bumpin1ohmSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az
I have an old school Kenwood 911 dvd, Kenwood Keg(20 gig hard drive that stores MP3's) Infinity mids/highs, Audio Control signal processors, JL Audio Sub and Mid/highs amps and a single JL 13w7 sub vented at 27hz. Beefed up the alt, and went with 0 gauge wiring from the engine bay to the trunk. Optima red top up front, and an optima red top for the trunk.(runs the system) Also added a Stinger 4.5 farad cap for the (2) sub amps, and (2) 1 farad caps for the mid/highs amps. Gutted the interior and went with Dmat Xtreme from front to the trunk, door panels , roof and ttop area. Decent setup.

I also added a kick a$$ alarm from Viper. Has an auto pager and GPS tracker so I can log in and find the car via computer or my cell phone. This setup doesnt link up with the police tho. I added LoJack as well for that. :wink: Hidden backup battery for the alarm and extra hood, door and trunk pins to activate the alarm were added. This helps just in case the SS' door pins fail. There's also a infared module added so I can leave the ttops off. if you reach in, you get a warning and I get paged. Alarm goes off if you reach in again. It a cool setup. Lil overkill, but you have no idea how many peeps hit me up about that lil SS.

[Click pics for larger veiw]

Warren 8)

regalonbags

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 24, 2008
stero

i have 3.5 mb qurts in the dash whick ive had in their for 5 years and can not blow them and a kicker ss tweeter on the piller those have bass blockers but the 3.5s dont and that combo screams!for a head unit i have a phase liner flip out 7in tv has a asome pic and works great for half the price of a alpine or pioneer. in the rear deck i have memphis pr sires 4x10s and 400 watt memphis amp if you set ur amp wright it will be very loud and clear. for subs i have 4 memphis hpo 12s dvc and a sealed box and a memphis 1500d and i hit a 147db for amps and subs you cant go wrond with memphis and make sur the amps are the class d not pr and kicker aso makes sum goog stuff

pokertramp

G-Body Guru
Aug 10, 2008
I am planning my set up right now. I am going to go with a decent CD player, 3 1/2's up front and 4x10's in the rear. I may just put a base tube for a little thump, Rockabilly!!!! Also I have an OLD Sears Stereophonic Reverb laying around and figure I might put it to some use, if it still works, it did 12 years ago.

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
My '80 4-door Malibu has a heart pounding stock am radio with a 6x9 in the front and one 6x9 in the back. (yes, 6x9's, not 4x10s) But I just got the car yesterday, so it will soon be replaced.

The '85 4-door Bonnyville I just parked had a not to bad system in it. When I bought it there was a complete poineer system in it, the only problem is that it was from the 80's lol. But they mounted 2 small (3.5s I think) in where the front 6x9 was. And in the back they just used long screws and put 6x9s in the factory 4x10 holes. When you looked at it from the trunk you could see that there was almost an inch between the speakers and the rear dash.

So I removed the tape deck and put in an old Panasonic CD player (from about 2000 or 2001). And it had cool mode where it cut the lows to the front speakers (like those bass blockers) and cut the highs from the rear, so the 6x9s worked like subs. So all the car had was 20 year old speakers and an 8 year old 47wattx4 CD player. And believe it or not, alot of people thought I had a small 8" or 10" sub in it. Not bad for a really cheap system. :)

There used to be a company that made front kick panels for g-body's that you could mount a set of mids and tweets into. You just had to bent the parking brake pedal over a bit, other than that it was an easy install. I don't know if anyone still makes them... anyone know?

brethenry_08

Apprentice
Sep 23, 2008
East Ridge TN
i have no cd player in my 85 cutlass supreme (or anything for that matter)
but i do have all speakers for everywhere 6x9s for the rear 2 12s for the trunk in a band pass box 3.5s for front and 2 10s also for the trunk all sets of speakers have an amp to power them even further just need to get a cd player and do some wiring

pokertramp

G-Body Guru
Aug 10, 2008
Phoenyx said:
My '80 4-door Malibu has a heart pounding stock am radio with a 6x9 in the front and one 6x9 in the back. (yes, 6x9's, not 4x10s) But I just got the car yesterday, so it will soon be replaced.

The '85 4-door Bonnyville I just parked had a not to bad system in it. When I bought it there was a complete poineer system in it, the only problem is that it was from the 80's lol. But they mounted 2 small (3.5s I think) in where the front 6x9 was. And in the back they just used long screws and put 6x9s in the factory 4x10 holes. When you looked at it from the trunk you could see that there was almost an inch between the speakers and the rear dash.

So I removed the tape deck and put in an old Panasonic CD player (from about 2000 or 2001). And it had cool mode where it cut the lows to the front speakers (like those bass blockers) and cut the highs from the rear, so the 6x9s worked like subs. So all the car had was 20 year old speakers and an 8 year old 47wattx4 CD player. And believe it or not, alot of people thought I had a small 8" or 10" sub in it. Not bad for a really cheap system. :)

There used to be a company that made front kick panels for g-body's that you could mount a set of mids and tweets into. You just had to bent the parking brake pedal over a bit, other than that it was an easy install. I don't know if anyone still makes them... anyone know?

Q-Logic has them for my 82 regal :D

http://www.qlogicenclosures.com/c-3392-ql-k1011.aspx

misfitregal

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 10, 2008
In my 86 regal i've got the following setup a rockford t15002 (1500 watt amp) powering 2 12 inch diamond audio M6's,alpine 6x9's in the rear deck, pioneer 3.5 in the dash (they are junk don't buy them) and for the headunit ive got a pioneer avh-p5700dvd (touchscreen dvd goodnes)

Represent316

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 8, 2008
Represent316 said:
In the Dash, i have a Alpine CDA-9885, As well as a Planet Audio P300DVD 12v dvd player.

Up front is a set of 3.5" pioneers.
Back is a set of 4x10's, Unsure of brand. Both ran off deck with the hi and low pass filters set.

10.5" flip down from the roof, Behind my sunroof.

The trunk houses two kicker l7 12" s ran at one ohm to a HiFonics BXi 1606D.

9885illum1.jpg

IMG_1473.jpg

IMG_1471.jpg

IMG_1468.jpg

AmpRack.jpg

FalseFloor.jpg

L7's are SOLD, Due to me losing my liscense. Hifonic's amp is for sale as well.

When i start back into Car audio, Ill be going with a set of CDT 2 or 3 way componet's, Installed in the door's. They will be on a small amp, And the 4x10's will stay for now, on the rear channel's of the deck faded out, for passenger's.

When i start back onto my sub's.. It'll be Fi Audio BTL, on an Orion, or Kicker 2500D

All of this equipment [Minus my roofmount], Is gone.

New set-up consists of
Dual 7" Indash
Image Dynamic CTx65cs 6.5" componets
Orion 4002
2 12" RE audio SE dual 4's
Orion 1200D
Big 3 in 1/0awg
And eventually ill fiberglass the rear arm rests to hold a pair of 6.5" Image Dynamics OEM mid's.

IMG_1795.jpg

IMG_1797.jpg

REaudio2.jpg

IMG_1803.jpg

IDctx65cs2.jpg

IDctx65cs1.jpg

CompBaffles.jpg

IMG_1846.jpg

EquipPile.jpg

Enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor