Sterling Edition GP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bcrusep86

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 6, 2010
Does anyone have any info on a 1980 Sterling Edition GP.Options,Pictures,Numbers made,Number in vin # that showed it being one?

a gp with a sterling engine? like this:
800px-Stirling_Engine.jpg

i dont think it has enough torque... :rofl:

It sounds like a catch phrase for marketing. Mabe a couple of stickers..? I personally had never heard of it before your post.

"For those not into racing, a midyear Grand Prix LJ Sterling Edition was seen for the first time, too. An option package included silver paint, a vinyl top, and a charcoal lower-body accent. Inside (what else?) was silver and black seating and trim."

Quote taken from this link....
http://www.highperformancepontiac.com/e ... 1980s.html

first thing i thought of when i heard sterling edition was the black sterling malibu. does anyone know anything about it? i think i heard it was a show car gm made for '78. was two tone black and silver with red interior.
sorry doesn't really help with the gp question, but it just came to mind when i heard sterling edition

I actually owned a 1979/80 Pontiac Grand prix Sterling Edition. I Was givien the car when I graduated from High School in 1985, I had no idea that it was a special edition. It was the best looking grand prix I had ever seen, it had the honeycomb rims from the trans am, Black & silver paint, Black & silver interior with a leather dash. I am trying to round up my pictures of the car so I can post them. I have not been able to find any info on this vehicle on the internet. It had a 301 v8 w/4-barrel carb but no t-tops. I never did see another Pontiac like it ever !!! I cannot believe I sold the car !! I will try to post the photos soon.

I finally found a couple of photos of my Sterling Edition Grand Prix, these may be the only pictures on the Internet. I have to scan the pictures so I can post them soon. I remember my two frineds had Trans ams when I had my grand prix, I could not beat them in a race of course but my car always attracted alot of attention because nobody had ever seen such a sharp looking Grand Prix.

Here are the pictures of my 1980 Pontiac Grand Prix ( Sterling Edition )

Attachments

• 1980 pontiac grand prix.jpg
    1980 pontiac grand prix.jpg
    522.8 KB · Views: 1,757
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor