Strange sound and smell of gas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burd

Greasemonkey
Apr 7, 2021
Detroit
I found this after I put the GN one on, the jackass I bought it from, didn’t even box it, just taped up the box it came in.
there’s a filter in the bottom, and mine has 2 little metal clips where you bolt it down.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

rogus

Master Mechanic
Mar 14, 2020
It's not that hard to add it back. You buy a canister filter, run the hose routing according to the pictures on an emissions label from your year/make/model, and get pieces of rubber line to plug it together.

So does the fuel line still connect to a three line sending unit, or, did they swap it to a two line sending unit and just leave the old line running down the body/frame rail?
yeah,,,they swapped it.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
So what you'll want is a 3 line sending unit, a section of fuel injection rubber hose sold by the foot at the parts counter to connect it to the hard line, some extra hose for the other end of the hardline to a new canister, 2 bolts to screw it onto the wheelwell mounting point, and then the rubber lines off the canister following the emissions routing. Even if they swapped to a different carb, it should have a provision for the rubber line to attach. That will restore the ability for the tank to vent and capture vapors as it was intended.

Reactions: 1 users

Burd

Greasemonkey
Apr 7, 2021
Detroit

Attachments

• 7C08E2E6-5426-4B1E-9DF2-32498EAACE77.png
    7C08E2E6-5426-4B1E-9DF2-32498EAACE77.png
    306.9 KB · Views: 114

Burd

Greasemonkey
Apr 7, 2021
Detroit
Ames dones the best color striped hoses if your canister had them on the canister. I just put them all back on my car.

Last edited:

Burd

Greasemonkey
Apr 7, 2021
Detroit
What’s your part #?
my parts book goes to 1979 or 1980, I can’t look it up

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor