Stripping old window tint

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrlee

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 5, 2009
Iowa
WD40 I say

There's over 2000+ uses for that stuff, but this one I've used the most. Works like a charm and best of all, no scraping to scratch your windows!!! Little greasy to clean up, but nothing some window cleaner won't handle.

fatload2

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 17, 2010
Whorelando FL
The only prob with using WD40 is the residue it leaves behind. No matter how clean you think you've got the glass after using that stuff it still leaves a little residue. Just enough to make whoever is going to re-apply tint one very angry person. Film does not like to stick to glass that has been cleaned with WD40. Straight edge blades won't scratch automotive glass unless you're intentionally digging straight down into the glass with a good amount of force and a dull blade. If you are gonna scrape just keep changing the blade when you feel it's getting tougher. This will make the process a little bit easier and faster. I'll typically go through 5 to 10 blades on a car depending on how bad the crap is

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor