Stupid GBody Comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chevyman85

G-Body Guru
Oct 25, 2006
Bonney Lake, WA
What is the most rediculous comment anyone has ever said to you about your GBody? I know I've had a few stupid comments:

About a year ago I was at a Saturn Dealership picking up parts for my girlfriend's car. A couple of the techs were outside having a smoke and one asked me if my '85 El Camino was a '64 Ford Rancharo! :lol: I had to force myself not to laugh and said "No, its a '62" and walked away! :lol:

walked in to the local autozone to get some parts an the guy workin there said man u got a sharp lookin monte carlo :evil:

Calling an Olds Cutlass a Monte IS a complement! :lol:

Other than the statement "that's the fastest car I've ever seen"? BTW, that was with the stock 305. Nothing really, I usually avoid dumb people, or at least unknowledgeable ones that talk too much and make themselves appear stupid.

85t5mcss said:
Nothing really, I usually avoid dumb people, or at least unknowledgeable ones that talk too much and make themselves appear stupid.
Whats your secret! Mabey its where I work, when your surounded by Ford owners its hard to avoid it! :shock:

Everytime I try to buy a part for my car.
"They never made a Grand am in 78".
ok, give me the part for a 78 Grand Prix LJ.

Oh, its a Grand Prix, ok.

What! :shock:

I was getting parts for my elky and the guy said "you have a nice rancharo". I told him he was stupid. Another guy at my school said "is that a 60's ranchero." I said nope it's a 55'. He belived me. Another time i was looking for parts at the junk yard and told the guy i needed a part for a 1984 elcamino or monte carlo. Simple enough but he was convined the 84' elky rear end was made only for the 84' elky. I hung up on him.

I called a junkyard for a set of doors for my 84 Grand Prix. They asked if I had a 2 or 4 door and if it was FWD or RWD.

Then there's the girl at the Meineke counter who asked me "What's a Grand Prix?"

OK, I'll be the one to say it. Sometimes the people who say the dumbest things are new to the car market. Some are just good with people and are put in place to help you, not to help your car. I recall a point a LONG time ago that I didn't know the diff between a Cutlass and Monte (a very long time ago). So I guess I should renig on my original statement and correct myself.
Here's the edited version.
People who think, and will tell u so, that they know everything, done everything, had everything, driven everything and then procede to ask u What is it?, how do u?, I didn't know that....and so on. Those r the people that get under my skin.

I don't know all or pretend to, I can only relate to the fellow Forum'ers because I've been there, I can share the stories of what I've learned not what I overheard while walking around a car show. BTW, hearing stories doesn't make anyone a know-it-all, no matter how many car shows they go to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor