Stupid GBody Comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
mrapii said:
A "Gran Prix" is a big prick!

Well I guess someone had to say it... :lol:

If she had to ask ....obviously she never had one :wink:

grandamman said:
Everytime I try to buy a part for my car.
"They never made a Grand am in 78".
ok, give me the part for a 78 Grand Prix LJ.

Oh, its a Grand Prix, ok.

What! :shock:
The trick with parts stores is not trying to get in and have them give you a part, its more about trying to trick them into getting the right one! I have figured out its a lot easier to give them a fake application than try to explain that I dont have a stock transmission, or engine or anything. They'll get confused if its not what the computer says!

I hear you on that, but mine are all factory stock! 1978-80 Grand Ams aren't in their computer, so they were never made.
I have 13 of none made!! That's rare then right? :roll:

grandamman said:
I hear you on that, but mine are all factory stock! 1978-80 Grand Ams aren't in their computer, so they were never made.
I have 13 of none made!! That's rare then right? :roll:
Hahaha, yeah! Funny how that works, I know the system doesn't register options but an entire model thats funny! I wouldn't classify that as rare! But its weird! :?

dexter047 said:
a friend of mine went to Advance to get a thermostat for a 63 Scout, the parts guy told him they only made Volvos in 63. Idiot.
Thats classic! I had to argue with a guy at NAPA about my transmission. He wouldn't believe that I had a TH-350 because they didn't offer it that year. I finally just told him it was a '78 and then he was OK w/ giving me the part I needed.

I went into NAPA and asked for a TCI shift kit that they had special ordered for me, and the guy didn't know what it was? I coudn't believe it! If I didn't get a great discount there I'd never go near the place :?

Chevyman85 said:
Thats classic! I had to argue with a guy at NAPA about my transmission. He wouldn't believe that I had a TH-350 because they didn't offer it that year. I finally just told him it was a '78 and then he was OK w/ giving me the part I needed.

I went into NAPA and asked for a TCI shift kit that they had special ordered for me, and the guy didn't know what it was? I coudn't believe it! If I didn't get a great discount there I'd never go near the place :?
I take ofense to these comments. The trick is to find one of us that actually knows a spark plug from a freeze (expansion) plug and then only deal with that person. If they r not working, then come back another day. I've actually "tried" to train some of these idiots u r referring to and all it has got me is High Blood Pressure.
Now that I'm done ranting from the business side of it, u r right. Way too many idiots trying to sell parts because they know how to click a mouse.

Woah! Don't take it personally! I know a lot of great parts guys! And believe me when it comes to something serious I know to talk to the right people. Everyone needs someone who can hook them up! Its the 16 year old kid that drives a Honda that sets me off; and gives parts stores a bad rap. I'm not about to steriotype everyone into that category but it's a growing trend at nationwide auto stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor