Stupid GBody Comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
you guys are being to hard on the punks with imports. I'm sure that at one point or another you were considered, or other people with your problem (caraholics) were considered to be a discrace to society. look at elvis. hes a great example. i dont like every car I see at car shows or at cruise nights but I respect the time and passion they put into there rides. I cant build alot of stuff myself anymore so I have it done for me. Bolt ons are'nt all bad. And hondas are a great winter beater!

It's impossible to say too many nasty things about people that drive Shoyu Burners.

I had the 'other' car place in town show thier brilliance last summer.

I put in a 1/2 tank of Sunoco 94 (highest ocatane around where I live) and when I left the station I immediately got knock :-(

Ok....bad gas or they put 87 into the 94 tank....either way I either need a REAL octane boost or some way to easily get that gas out.

I go to the closer car place, talk to the owner who has been 'into' cars for 30 years.

Explain I need some octane boost to put into the tank. Ask if he has any Xylene or Tolulene in a gallone can. He says "Octane boost for what? You won't go an faster unless you put a larger carb on that Regal".

No, I need to get the octane up as the gas is causing my engine to detinate under boost.

He yells to the kid in the back "hey...get some of that gas line antifreeze"

Sigh......

"No, I have low-octane fuel and when the turbo boosts I am getting knock."

His eyes glaze over and he begins to drool (ok..no drooling)

"You have a turbo on that? What did you say it was?"

"Grand National" I wait for the understanding nod...

"Hurry up with that gas line antifreeze....."

I told him I would just pump the bad gas out but thanks.

mrapii said:
It's impossible to say too many nasty things about people that drive Shoyu Burners.
Agreed! But I'd have to say that most of us do classify as "carholics" my girlfriend thinks I am!

I had to argue with a guy at Advance who claimed my 80 El Camino was FWD. And when I showed him the driveshaft going to the rear wheels he said it was a 4WD model.

The funniest part was that I needed wiper blades!!
I should have asked him for a transfer case!!! :lol:

What a moron :roll:

I had something similar happen when I had to have the GN towed after the driveshaft broke.

Towtruck driver (and mechanic) asked me if it was 4-wheel drive.

I said..."at this moment it is zero wheel drive"

At a local car show this past summer (2006) I had some tool come up to me right after I had parked ( engine still going "rump,rump,rump" ) and ask me if my Regal had the stock V-6 ALL regals came with this model year. I very nicely told him this is an Olds Cutlass, but yes it has a V-6. :roll:

I pull up in my 1980 Monte (as a teenager back in 1989)

Salesmen at the Chevy dealership: Wow, nice Monte, you don't see too many with 350's, pointing to my 350 emblems on the fender.

I said no you don't. I have the only one made. :lol:

My favourite to the day...

Sitting at the lights in the Cutlass, fresh out of paint and body.
2 guys, a bit older than myself, maybe early 20s pull up in a van,
"HEY SICK CAR BRO, WHAT IS IT A MONTE CARLO OR A GRAND NATIONAL?!"

I laughed.

He looked at me waiting for an answer....

"Neither.............. it's a Cutlass" :roll:

"HOW MUCH HORSEPOWER DOES IT HAVE"

"sh*t I donno"

then he says...
"LETS SEE"

I had no idea what he meant, but the light turned green so I gunned it 🙂 SEE YA

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor