Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Steve,
I remember you mentioning about the #7528 BMW bulbs/ Do they create more heat, though?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
they might but it hasn't affected anything....and in the front I have wired the blinker side of the 7528 bulb for daytime running light and they seem to last a long time

86 regal

Greasemonkey
Oct 23, 2009
Hanover, NM
If you want to still use the led lights, I would try to ground them separately, it sounds like it might be back feeding

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
If you want to still use the led lights, I would try to ground them separately, it sounds like it might be back feeding
Good idea, i was thinking about that the other day....car is at body and paint so i will look at next time im there. If i recall, the factory tailights harness dead ends at the rear pass side and not sure that side has a ground. Thanks,
Scott

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Good idea, i was thinking about that the other day....car is at body and paint so i will look at next time im there. If i recall, the factory tailights harness dead ends at the rear pass side and not sure that side has a ground. Thanks,
Scott

It has nothing to do with a ground issue, the video I posted explains what the problem is

86 regal

Greasemonkey
Oct 23, 2009
Hanover, NM
You might be right but he explained in the first post that they all flash, according to your video, they wouldn't work at all if I'm understanding it right. I've seen his exact problem before and it was fixed by grounding all of the lamp holders. They're using a common ground for the rear turn signals which works fine for incandescent bulbs, but not for LEDs. It could be a different situation but that's what happened to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor