stupid movie car scenes

Status
Not open for further replies.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
just flipping through channels and see a copper monte ss, so stupid me i keep watching. it's the movie Black Dog. the scene wasn't too bad until they run the monte into the back of the rig and the whole car explodes. i also like the camaro just driving out of a mud pit.
what other scenes do you guys hate due to rampant stupidity?

Furtrader

Master Mechanic
Jan 5, 2006
Ottawa,Ontario,Canada
Any movie or tv show where the vehicle explodes simply by going over the edge of a hill/cliff.
Or when the vehicle is going to collide with another.Instead of a crash,it flips thirty five feet in the air(see A-Team for examples).

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Ditto! Was going to post the same thing.

And any scene where a car "jumps" a fairly decent distance and keeps on going like the energizer bunny (Smokey and the Bandit / Dukes of Hazzard type of thing!) Catch even a couple of feet of air in your G-Body and bad things(tm) will happen! (trust me!)

Thankfully we have the mythbusters to show us what really happens when you try that sh*t! :D

Squealing tires on dirt roads always bothers me for some reason, too. That and the endless gearshift noises. As much as I love the Bullitt car chase (turn it up loud for the full effect!), listen to how many shifts are made. Its just bizarre.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
more channel flipping: hey the epitome of stupid car stuff, fast and the furious2. i think i'll go throw up now.

how 'bout squealing tires when going in a straight line?

Derision

Master Mechanic
Jul 2, 2007
Jackson, New Jersey
GP403 said:
And any scene where a car "jumps" a fairly decent distance and keeps on going like the energizer bunny (Smokey and the Bandit / Dukes of Hazzard type of thing!) Catch even a couple of feet of air in your G-Body and bad things(tm) will happen! (trust me!)

I think the most realistic representation of that would be in the movie "Road Trip", when they try to jump the car over the busted out bridge.

It's a sad day when a comedy is the most accurate portrayal of something.

I hate any movie in which they take a beautiful, classic car and destroy it for no good reason at all. Or when someone's driving a car that they have no real reason to drive. Case in point... The Hitcher.

thehitcher0de7.jpg

College girl hops in her boyfriend's immaculately restored, 1970 Oldsmobile 442 and heads on a road trip to spring break. Along the way, they stop to pick up some hitchhiker in the rain. He ends up terrorizing them all the way to... er... wherever it is they're going.

I don't know many college kids that have the kind of money required to restore, and keep restored, a 1970 442. And if they do, I don't know of many that would take it on a road trip to spring break. And even if they were to do both of those things... I don't know of ANY that would let a dripping wet hitchhiker into the back seat.

Urgh.

GrandPrixJamie

Greasemonkey
Oct 4, 2007
Schenectady New York
megaladon6 said:
just flipping through channels and see a copper monte ss, so stupid me i keep watching. it's the movie Black Dog. the scene wasn't too bad until they run the monte into the back of the rig and the whole car explodes. i also like the camaro just driving out of a mud pit.
what other scenes do you guys hate due to rampant stupidity?

I agree.... that movie was bad..... But.... the movies that piss me off the most are the Fast and the Furious movies. The sh*t is so fake!!!!!! Horrible computer work on all of it....... in the first one if you pay attention in the begining the friggin eclipse shifts seven times!

pose_442

Greasemonkey
Feb 12, 2007
Can't forget Mad Max with the whole switch for the blower idea concept and all the camera work.

Granted, it's entertaining as hell but breaking the tires loose in the Oz version of a 70 Torino (Falcon GT XB down under) while chasing a Kaw KZ1000 at over 100 mph? Come on!!

The chase at the beginning of the movie was fairly believible.......fairly.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
What most people in this country don't realize about the chase at the start is that the yellow cop cars are also Ford Falcons. They are the Falcon GT/HO Phase III (One is a Phase II). The black car they are chasing is a Holden Monaro. The Falcon cop cars are the same chassis as the last generation US Falcons that went from I think 67-70. I have often wondered if I could replicate one with the hood, bumpers, grille and lights on a US spec 4 door Falcon. They did have a 351 Cleveland (These cars are the source for the unique Australian Cleveland heads) from the factory and I wonder of the shock towers were different from ours to do this?

Hated movie chase scene: Gone in 60 Seconds 2000 remake when the Mustang does that ridiculous jump with like 100 feet of air.

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
what gets me is just about every "in-car" shot shows the driver happily driving along and if you look... 90% of the time the shift lever is in PARK.

Derision

Master Mechanic
Jul 2, 2007
Jackson, New Jersey
axisg said:
what gets me is just about every "in-car" shot shows the driver happily driving along and if you look... 90% of the time the shift lever is in PARK.

Or when the driver is cruising down a quiet country road, and he's spinning the steering wheel like he's navigating a high speed slalom. Man, I just love that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor