Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
love and hip hop thot GIF by VH1

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Does it have a wideband O2 and does self learning? Not sure the capabilities of the TBI like system.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Something in the warmup enrichment needs to be cleaned up if it seems to be fine once it’s up to 160.

I’m still battling with this. I have to let the car run for 30 seconds before I feel confident that it won’t stall on a cold start. I have to say that for my application I really don’t care about this part of the tune, but I work at when I have a chance.

Assuming cold start air temp is lower than during the summer, then I’d look at the enrichment based on air temp. Maybe add a little fuel there.

Reactions: 1 user

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Something in the warmup enrichment needs to be cleaned up if it seems to be fine once it’s up to 160.

I’m still battling with this. I have to let the car run for 30 seconds before I feel confident that it won’t stall on a cold start. I have to say that for my application I really don’t care about this part of the tune, but I work at when I have a chance.

Assuming cold start air temp is lower than during the summer, then I’d look at the enrichment based on air temp. Maybe add a little fuel there.
I know what you are saying. I did play with that stuff a little bit. The more I think about the hesitation has to be in accelerator pump side of things. I also think I better check the base timing and make sure the distributor didn't get bumped somehow. That would explain the bog. Hmmm.

Reactions: 2 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
I woke the dead yesterday!
20220410_170249.jpg
Moved it from under the car lift to a open spot in shop. No real plans to do anything with it for a week or two yet. A lot of salt still on the roads. I did take it to the highway and tried doing a burnout, but it bogged and ran like poop. I seen what was wrong by my wideband. I need to do a little tuning. All in good time. I have other projects that need done first.

Reactions: 9 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor