MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
where are all these damn car shows all the time

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Death Trap? C'mon Zach, that's what the cage is in there for. You can always pick out the drift cars because the corner/side panels are never matching colors lol.

Agreed about the trans - ouch - better be on the lookout for another.
I would love to drive that thing in a empty lot.

Reactions: 1 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
where are all these damn car shows all the time
Open your eyes!!!! They are all over the place. I now of probably 5 of them 4th of July weekend. About every big town has a cruise night or a cruise-in show once a month. Google car shows in Iowa. I know there are shows in Des Moines all the time. You need to get out and talk to people.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Open your eyes!!!! They are all over the place. I now of probably 5 of them 4th of July weekend. About every big town has a cruise night or a cruise-in show once a month. Google car shows in Iowa. I know there are shows in Des Moines all the time. You need to get out and talk to people.
thats a tall order

• Haha

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
definately going to good guys this summer. with the t bird probably. for sale sign on it. if the ****ing fuel tank ever shows up.

Reactions: 1 user

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
definately going to good guys this summer. with the t bird probably. for sale sign on it. if the ****ing fuel tank ever shows up.
Are you going to put it in the show? Here is the deal. People are a little different the farther from Des Moines you get. Ames there is still a lot of yuppies. You get about 100 miles from Des Moines and that is where the Blue collar country boys come in. Where I am from it is a whole different way of thinking. So you have cars and such. Nothing wrong with Yuppies or living in the big cities. Just a different way of living and thinking that goes along with it. I think you would like living around Fort Dodge. I am betting you would find people a lot like your self? Friday night after the car show a lot of people cruise around down town. I stopped up town before going home and bullshitted for a while. There was four Prostreet cars and a few home brewed cars up there with the group I was talking to. A couple of the cars were on slicks. There was a couple young kids driving around in a beat up 72 Lemons. You probably are not going to find that kind of thing in a big city because of the mind set.

Reactions: 2 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Are you going to put it in the show? Here is the deal. People are a little different the farther from Des Moines you get. Ames there is still a lot of yuppies. You get about 100 miles from Des Moines and that is where the Blue collar country boys come in. Where I am from it is a whole different way of thinking. So you have cars and such. Nothing wrong with Yuppies or living in the big cities. Just a different way of living and thinking that goes along with it. I think you would like living around Fort Dodge. I am betting you would find people a lot like your self? Friday night after the car show a lot of people cruise around down town. I stopped up town before going home and bullshitted for a while. There was four Prostreet cars and a few home brewed cars up there with the group I was talking to. A couple of the cars were on slicks. There was a couple young kids driving around in a beat up 72 Lemons. You probably are not going to find that kind of thing in a big city because of the mind set.
i go to pop up meets with my brother occasionally when im not working.

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
I don't have much to report. I have been busy with other projects and kind of neglecting this one. First of the month there was a car show at Springlake campgrounds near Jefferson Iowa. So we went camping and I brought the car.
20210731_193808.jpg
My wife and kids took the truck and went earlier in the day to the campgrounds on Friday. I came later with the Monte. It rained the whole way and rained all night. I did not sleep very well that night. All I could think about was hail, falling trees, and tree sap. Saturday we just hung out and camped. Sunday I got up and cleaned the car up. Drove down the hill and showed my car.
20210801_111952.jpg
I had a lot of interest in my car, and it was a good turnout. So that was fun. Ran into a few friends from Boone.
20210801_111458.jpg
This is my buddy Corey's car. It has a high compression 406 in it. It runs pretty good. He is working on getting it back to its former glory days. My buddy Rod had his 95 Chevy pickup there. It has a hot big block with tunnel rams. Kind of a sleeper, but badass. I really liked this Fero and pickup.
20210801_114929.jpg
20210801_114909.jpg
20210801_134013.jpg
20210801_134002.jpg
After the show I had to pack up the camper and take the mess home. My wife drove my car home for the first time. She pussyfooted it the whole way. She said it "drives funny". " It is all or nothing, and when it goes, it goes!" Good times.

Reactions: 7 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Not much to report. I drove the car to work two weeks ago. It was not supposed to rain, but it did. Then it got hot and dry outside. The trucks coming in and out of my work make a lot of dust. So I had dirt spots all over it. Saturday night I had a small family reunion. My wife and kids were too tired from going to the Apple Orchard. So they didn't want to go. The brown car is broke, the GS was sitting at work, the truck was hooded up to a trailer full of crap. So I was down to three choices. The Nova, the Black car, or my wife's car. I chose the black one. I did quick wash to get the dirt spots off, and drove it. I also wanted to use up the E85 in the tank so I can put 93 octane in it for winter storage. For some reason the tune is a little off? When I switched to E85 it ran awesome, but the last couple times I drove it, it has been off. It stumbles when you try to goose it off an idle and it bogs a little mid range on a pull under boost. It still ran pretty good other wise at 2am with 50° temps on the way home. Yes I lost track of time I guess. I played with the tune a little bit today, but nothing seemed to really help. I had to get back on my roof before it got dark so I had to quit. I have heard a few people talk about how their cars don't run right on E85 until they warm up. Is that a common problem? My car does run a lot better once it gets up to 160°. Still wants to stumble off idle though. Thaughts?

Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor