Sugar in the tank!

Status
Not open for further replies.
v2vera said:
somebody please put this to a test! im about to do put sugar in a weed whacker!!! If that puts it to rest! ill even post a video haha

it was tested and this was on the page before....

Randy_W said:
Sugar poured in the carb, would at most kill the engine if it blocked enough airflow, without sufficient water or pure alcohol to dissolve the sugar it will not CARAMELIZE AND EVEN IF IT DID, IT WON'T STICK TO THE INTERNALS UNDER THE PRESSURES OF COMBUSTION, IN THIRTY SECONDS YOU WOULD NEVER KNOW IT WAS PUT IN THERE. (Sorry about the caps, accidentally hit the damn caps button. :mrgreen: )
This has been done by goodness knows how many testing procedures by who knows how many magazines, engineering firms, car manufacturers and just dudes in the back yard. I did it with a Briggs and Stratton about 25 years ago and it it made no difference whether it pus poured in the carb or in the tank, it did eventually fill up the bowl and slow down the flow of fuel to the point that the engine would only idle, but didn't hurt a thing. I was doing this to show another hard head that the myth is a myth. :wink:

pontiacgp said:
v2vera said:
somebody please put this to a test! im about to do put sugar in a weed whacker!!! If that puts it to rest! ill even post a video haha

it was tested and this was on the page before....

Randy_W said:
Sugar poured in the carb, would at most kill the engine if it blocked enough airflow, without sufficient water or pure alcohol to dissolve the sugar it will not CARAMELIZE AND EVEN IF IT DID, IT WON'T STICK TO THE INTERNALS UNDER THE PRESSURES OF COMBUSTION, IN THIRTY SECONDS YOU WOULD NEVER KNOW IT WAS PUT IN THERE. (Sorry about the caps, accidentally hit the damn caps button. :mrgreen: )
This has been done by goodness knows how many testing procedures by who knows how many magazines, engineering firms, car manufacturers and just dudes in the back yard. I did it with a Briggs and Stratton about 25 years ago and it it made no difference whether it pus poured in the carb or in the tank, it did eventually fill up the bowl and slow down the flow of fuel to the point that the engine would only idle, but didn't hurt a thing. I was doing this to show another hard head that the myth is a myth. :wink:

I did read that but you guys keep going back and forth with no solid conclusion. I understand your point of view and and his as well. The nature of men being men stubborn and no one wants to lose. I was just saying with some type of video with a gasoline engine one of you guys might finally agree on something. Im sure both you and 454 have VALID points. Im just saying to me you guys have way more knowledge to be wasting your time on something as silly as this. To quote G-Body_Vet "
Let's buy locking gas caps and be done with it!" I don't see a reason to argue. IF it DOES or DOESNT what difference does it make, is it NOT worth your investment to take a few steps to prevent this.??.. if it does mess sh*t up..(again i dont know if it does or doesnt) what are few $$ for the amount both of you have invested.. Ill tell you this, for 20 dollars ill get a gas cap and prevent or to slow someone down from doing what you guys have have been going back in forth on.

well if you read that and it doesn't satisfy you then I can understand why you think that 454 has some valid points...after all his tank was filled with yellow goo so that has to be sugar..

All I am saying if anyone that can read what any of you have wrote or anyone for that matter. Does that mean its true? If I write down the sky is yellow will you believe it just because I wrote it?

I am not saying that you are wrong, im also not saying your right.. I mean no disrespect but this bickering back and forth makes no sense to me. If you look back on the posts you have members asking other members to try this or willing to spend money to get a test engine to try it..Come on bro seriously? Is that really worth proving a point that to me makes no sense? If IT does **** an engine up then it does. If It doesnt then it doesn't. Ill ask any one of our MEMBERS THIS "WHO IS WAITING FOR THE FINAL RESULT TO GO **** SOMEONES G BODY UP" Why drag this thread? Just seems to me its getting dragged back and forth for the :itchy: . Dont get me wrong I like the to read a good heated thread just like any other member but not for something as foolish as this. How far are you guys willing to take this? Both of you guys have gave me valuable advice. I say focus on helping our newer members like myself to fix/upgrade/or whatever we need, because without your guys knowledge some of us are lost. No need to make enemies on a friendly site.. Correct me if Im wronng..ANYONE?

454 isn't bright enough to realise but what he is trying to do is called radical skepticism..Sextus Empiricus wrote about it in 150 ad.

"According to him, everything in the world can be refuted and if one side of a debate can be argued then the opposing side can be argued with just as much effect. We cannot truly know anything about our universe because everything needs to be proven, including that proof; and according to scientific theory there is no such thing as "having no doubt in a theory or fact" because no matter how far fetched the doubt is, it could still exist in somebody's mind. But there is such a thing as "reasonable doubt" and in the case of the Earth being round, there is no *reasonable* doubt.

With that said, do not think you are clever for opposing a widely and generally proven fact. The Earth being round has been proven with science and reason and just because somebody can oppose it doesn't make them right. Anybody can oppose any "fact" anybody in the history of the world has proven because there is always doubt, but not always reasonable doubt. We have to believe in what has no reasonable doubt if we want to be reasonable."

by the way the earth is oval... :mrgreen:

v2vera said:
All I am saying if anyone that can read what any of you have wrote or anyone for that matter. Does that mean its true? If I write down the sky is yellow will you believe it just because I wrote it?

I am not saying that you are wrong, im also not saying your right.. I mean no disrespect but this bickering back and forth makes no sense to me. If you look back on the posts you have members asking other members to try this or willing to spend money to get a test engine to try it..Come on bro seriously? Is that really worth proving a point that to me makes no sense? If IT does **** an engine up then it does. If It doesnt then it doesn't. Ill ask any one of our MEMBERS THIS "WHO IS WAITING FOR THE FINAL RESULT TO GO **** SOMEONES G BODY UP" Why drag this thread? Just seems to me its getting dragged back and forth for the :itchy: . Dont get me wrong I like the to read a good heated thread just like any other member but not for something as foolish as this. How far are you guys willing to take this? Both of you guys have gave me valuable advice. I say focus on helping our newer members like myself to fix/upgrade/or whatever we need, because without your guys knowledge some of us are lost. No need to make enemies on a friendly site.. Correct me if Im wronng..ANYONE?
100% right bro.

I don't like bickering either, for no reason.

In Camaroadams case he didnt' have a fuel filter, and for all anyone knows, it could have been bleach that went into the tank. I didn't ask. However I have an opinion that it sounds like sugar to me.

In my case, the goo in the tank made it through the sock and filter to the carburator, on multiple occasions, which was sugar, but I can't prove it. Possible it could have been something else. But also possible that the sugar became goo. But there was no engine damage, because the carb kept choking out and stalling the engine from running. Then, the car got stolen within a few days after I changed out the gas tank.

I personally have no opinion if it actually damages an engine, because I have no experience with it. Others do.

But if you're bickering about how you did this test 25 years ago with Briggs and Stratton and what not, I'm not discounting that, but it would help if you presented the documentation, or pointed me in the direction to find the documentation.

We don't have to re-create the wheel, if it's been done, show me the docs and stop bickering.

pontiacgp said:
454 isn't bright enough to realise but what he is trying to do is called radical skepticism..Sextus Empiricus wrote about it in 150 ad.

"According to him, everything in the world can be refuted and if one side of a debate can be argued then the opposing side can be argued with just as much effect. We cannot truly know anything about our universe because everything needs to be proven, including that proof; and according to scientific theory there is no such thing as "having no doubt in a theory or fact" because no matter how far fetched the doubt is, it could still exist in somebody's mind. But there is such a thing as "reasonable doubt" and in the case of the Earth being round, there is no *reasonable* doubt.

With that said, do not think you are clever for opposing a widely and generally proven fact. The Earth being round has been proven with science and reason and just because somebody can oppose it doesn't make them right. Anybody can oppose any "fact" anybody in the history of the world has proven because there is always doubt, but not always reasonable doubt. We have to believe in what has no reasonable doubt if we want to be reasonable."

by the way the earth is oval... :mrgreen:
If I'm "not bright enough", then you're an idiot. Oval is 2 dimensional, like you. The earth is spherical, or more precicely, ellipsoid.

P.S. Sextus Empiricus was talking about people like you in the quote above -- but I won't waste my breath explaining it to you. Glad to see you can read though.

I say we vote on whether or not to lock this thread. :roll:

I say we do! It's meaningless to argue over an unproven fact!

GP403 said:
I say we vote on whether or not to lock this thread. :roll:

i vote no
if anything they are making reasonable points will not being too insulting
if anything move it too off topic section as to not clog up the homepage and let them duke it out there.
if things get as bad as some have then lock it down but this seems to just be a reasonable debate to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor