Suggestions and opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lue

G-Body Guru
Nov 29, 2007
Los Angeles, california
i vote malibu, but my vote doesn't count because i vote malibu since i like them better :lol: so i am no help here

The Olds already has the console and buckets, and most likely it has a rally dash. The 'bue is rust orange and the Olds is grey. The chevy has hubcaps 😢 the olds has rally wheels 😀 ... But it is your money so buy what will make you happy in the long run.

I would go for the Malibu. Nicer looking body (besides the color lol) and it already has a 350 in it.

Phoenyx said:
I would go for the Malibu....it already has a 350 in it.

IMHO I think the 350 swap would almost be a strike against it. How knows how poorly, or well done for that matter, the swap was performed? Then did they beat on it? Then strike two is where it says 'needs interior work' where the Olds looks to be in good shape. I'd prefer the originality of the Olds over a potential hack job on the Malibu.
The Cutlass Salon does have the ralley gauge package(tach etc).
Starting with a nicer car means more money for modification as opposed to repairs/restoration.
But I'm also an Olds guy...but all emotions aside it'd still go for the Olds.
I'd still go look at both.

Not because I am a Cutlass guy, I really like Malibu's but that one rubs me wrong.
The *ss sags and the paint and tires don't help either. I also suspect that Iroc motor probably has been romped on and the trans probably slips if the car is going that cheap and the ad says great for a project. That is what you will ultimately get is a 'project' er um headache.
Plus it needs interior work... If you don't have much spare $$$ to paint, buy rims and possibly tires and improve the interior go with the Cutlass.

That Cutlass would look cool flat black and droping in a 350 is easier that you think. I found a good running 350 for $350 and did the swap over a weekend so don't let that Iroc motor fool you.
Plus the Cutlass 'Runs and looks good' 😀

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor