Summer is here with a vengeance

Status
Not open for further replies.

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
it's been a rainy spring in new england here,hopefully the summer is a bit drier..

Nov 4, 2012
I think it's funny that the brand loyalty to tractors is stronger than it is with cars and trucks. I've owned both IH Cubs (and MTD Cubs) and Deeres. I like them all. I love the old IH Ms and Super Ms but it's hard to beat the sound of a Poppin Johnny JD 60 dragging a heavy trailer.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
It's also been a rainy spring in New Mexico. Uncharacteristically green. I could have used that sickle bar in my back yard last month. Normally, we're on fire at this point in the year, hoping for a good Monsoon season in July to snuff it.
IMG_8791.jpg
IMG_9810.jpg

That's the mower lurking on the left, after one of two dozen trips to the dumpster with the weed remnants. Hang in there, everybody. Keep the sandbags handy.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

ItsnotaGN

G-Body Guru
May 28, 2016
Colorado
It's been lower than normal temps and frequent rain in Colorado. There was even a winter storm warning for the Northern mountains last night! A-Basin is planning weekend skiing into July. I'll take all the 60s mother nature has. Not a fan of 99 degrees, dry heat or not.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
That seems to be the concern here (PNW), all the rain. It makes for a beautiful green spring but in late summer when it dries out it just turns into fire fuel. In my area we don't really have much in the way of natural disasters to worry about. No floods, tornadoes, tsunamis, earthquakes, or landslides. Wildfires are the only real concern so I try to keep my place as safe as possible. Grass stays watered or at least cut short. Grave fire breaks between me and the neighbors' unkempt pasture land. Fire is the only thing I worry about when I'm out of town.
And I'm not just being paranoid. July 6th last year. Grass fire came over the hill and ran right up to the property line.
20180706_153002.jpg

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
That seems to be the concern here (PNW), all the rain. It makes for a beautiful green spring but in late summer when it dries out it just turns into fire fuel. In my area we don't really have much in the way of natural disasters to worry about. No floods, tornadoes, tsunamis, earthquakes, or landslides. Wildfires are the only real concern so I try to keep my place as safe as possible. Grass stays watered or at least cut short. Grave fire breaks between me and the neighbors' unkempt pasture land. Fire is the only thing I worry about when I'm out of town.
And I'm not just being paranoid. July 6th last year. Grass fire came over the hill and ran right up to the property line. View attachment 116246
DAYYYUUUUMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Our weather for the coming week for Augusta, GA area.....a couple of weeks with no rain, then now...what is it with this crap? It's just the humidity! :)

7%20Day%20Forecast.JPG

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
DAYYYUUUUMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!
Meh, it was pretty slow moving. The guy who started it was already trying to drag a fire break with his tractor when I noticed it. It was the 2nd day I'd occupied the house and luckily I was home to hose down the perimeter. Could have been way worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor