Supreme Speed Salon (87 T Top Salon build)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupremeSpeed

G-Body Guru
Sep 29, 2016
GA
I was advised with correct information. The 3901 Hooker headers were for a different body style. At the time of this picture I had no idea, only that they would fit Old's engine. I discovered I have a set of headers the are no longer in production. But they were specific to 442 or Cutlass Supreme for the gbody style. Learning daily and thankful for all that participate to encourage and properly inform each other on a daily.
20200403_201552.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Those won't fit your G body, if the number is right.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I hope you're wrong but I do have two other sets. I suppose I will do a test fit before applying wrap to ones I won't use.
Only Hedman and Flowtech make affordable full length headers that fit your car, they must say 260 through 403, 78-87 model years. The Flowtech rust quickly, have thin flanges and have questionable fit.
Those 3901 are for 68 through 74 A body, 260 through 403. Hooker used to make G body headers, no longer. The TRW Speedpro forged pistons used in your motor need .004" clearance minimum. The instructions say .002", if installed that tight overheating happens no matter what cooling system is used. Hopefully they weren't installed too tight.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor