Supreme Speed Salon (87 T Top Salon build)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupremeSpeed

G-Body Guru
Sep 29, 2016
GA
The engine had a prior build before I acquired it. I had it disassembled and rebuilt. I can not remember the pistons. TRW does not ring a bell though. Thats the first time I've heard of them. The previous owner was a diesel mechanic that loved Olds. He used quality parts according to the shop builder. This is basically what I had done.

full.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
It actually doesn't have any pistons listed. It actually shows cleaning existing pistons and just a cleaning and honing of the block. Maybe factory pistons were reused, hopefully at least the 6cc version. It is possible the bores were in good enough shape. Problem is it will put your compression low, like 8.5 to 1 at best.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

SupremeSpeed

G-Body Guru
Sep 29, 2016
GA
It actually doesn't have any pistons listed. It actually shows cleaning existing pistons and just a cleaning and honing of the block. Maybe factory pistons were reused, hopefully at least the 6cc version. It is possible the bores were in good enough shape. Problem is it will put your compression low, like 8.5 to 1 at best.
Yes it doesn't say what pistons. They were good when I got the block they would have been replaced. I don't think they were stock either because he used good quality parts. The engine had only a few hundred miles on it before he sold it to me. I have all the old hardware. He had #8 heads with upgrades. I say good parts as I left it up to the machinist to decide what was good. This was the first block I had built. I appreciate the information, at least now I have a better understanding of which way my next build will go, even if its to go back and do this one again.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

SupremeSpeed

G-Body Guru
Sep 29, 2016
GA
I didn't like the gasket that came with the kit from the parts store, so I decided to try this lube locker brand. It seems to be made well. Are any of you using this brand?

20200806_134215.jpg
20200806_134145.jpg
20200806_151326.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
How thick is it compared to the rubber gasket next to it? I have heard it is well made but very thin. I was going to try it when I upgrade my 2004R.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
What pan are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor