Survivor 1981

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norman

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 5, 2017
Just picked up this gem a few weeks ago from a little old lady who only drove it to church on Sundays with 62K original miles and a clean carfax. Going to upgrade the suspension and gearbox it dances all over the road.

Attachments

• unnamed-2.jpg
    unnamed-2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 327
  • Winner
Reactions: 8 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Welcome aboard!
Nice find. Post some more pics and perhaps a little history about the car. It's obviously a Malibu coupe, but that's all we know about it.
looks like a real gem.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
It's so good, I'd just keep it stock. With new suspension components etc to make it safe. Good find!

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
One vote keep it stock.

I'd modify the crap out of it. It's too nice to leave stock.
It's too nice to modify :p If i was gonna heavily mod, i'd rather a teenage kids beater car than a mint grandma mobile. I'd feel guilty messing up a car this clean. At the very least I'd keep the bodywork and interior mostly stock.

zdeckich

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
Id mod the hell out of it too lol.

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Welcome Norman, the Goddess of Automobiles has smiled apron you. Do your home work before ya start spending, ya got all winter to form a plan. And for my two cents do the steering (quicker box) & front end first (geometry-camber) including shocks. Of course the front brakes (UP grade of your choice), GM 11 inch are the least expensive then so many others. Moving on to the rear brakes & make sure ya change every drop of that old brake fluid. The diff fluid (maybe a gear swap, Oh no I opened a can or worms), shocks & bushings. Finishing off with a OE rear with a anti sway up grade (add one or go thicker). Treat the OE paint with reverence it's gorgeous. And if ya look at mine you'll see I've removed the steeeell boat anchor bumpers. The look really cleans up & modernized the car (not mentioning the weight savings). HP last, good luck, Ole' Bob.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor