Suspension Lean

Status
Not open for further replies.

H/O84

Greasemonkey
Nov 29, 2016
Hi guys
So lately I've been annoyed about how my 84 hurst leans to the driver side. I think the car has stock springs in it and the driver side rear of the car is slightly over an inch lower than the other side. The air shocks hold air so I figured those couldn't be the issue. Given they the car sat for a long time I guessed the springs were alittle tired. A friend gave me a set of stock height aftermarket springs and after installing them it still leans about an inch to the driver side. Anyone have any ideas of why it's doing this? It's not a major issue but it started to bug me every time I look at the back of the car. Should have never measured it and kept telling my self the leaning was only in my head

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
What is the condition of the body mounts? If you measure the road clearance of the frame that would indicate if it's a suspension issue or something else

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
Did you swap the air shocks right to left?

If the right side (passenger) is higher, that is better than the reverse, because the right side gets unloaded during launch (the tire moves up, away from the road).

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

H/O84

Greasemonkey
Nov 29, 2016
Didn't have time so mess with the socks last night but I was able to swap the springs for side to side and now it is only lower by a half inch on the driver's side

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Didn't have time so mess with the socks last night but I was able to swap the springs for side to side and now it is only lower by a half inch on the driver's side

did you measure the ground clearance at each corner of the C channel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor