Suspension recommendations for sporty regular/daily driver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Reactions: 1 users

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
I actually came across an old thread here on GBF that spoke highly of Ridetech's products. They are a little higher-priced, but some people seemed to think the price premium is worth it. I was a little surprised what their StreetGrip system didn't come with. It doesn't come with 4-links, control arms, but it does come with front drop spindles. I think I may kind of mix and match when I get to the point of selecting suspension.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Don't forget a rear seat brace.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
Drop spindles allow you to run taller springs, which can improve ride, but you still need taller ball joints to fix the camber curve, unless the drop spindles are also taller.

Two cars with a same ride height, one drop spindles and one dropped with shorter, stiffer springs, the drop spindle car will likely have more bumpsteer and will need more inner fender work for tire clearance vs the drop spring car.

Quilly Cochran

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 16, 2017
From what you have said in your post, no matter what company you go with, Polyurethane bushings will best. Poly doesn't transfer the NVH that delrin or heim joints do.
I have a 86 regal daily driver and im tryna find the best shocks for it not too expensive though any suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor