Swapping a 307 for a SBC...the myths and the truths.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinB

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 11, 2006
Cincinnati, Ohio
Thanks man! I should have taken some time to paint the engine and detail the engine bay a little more. It will give me something to do this summer.

Chevyman85

G-Body Guru
Oct 25, 2006
Bonney Lake, WA
Nice set up KevinB! I like the Serp. Belt Conversion. I have do doubt that you could break that into the 15's. My stock 305 was a dog.

80 cutlass man

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 22, 2008
i just swaped a 305 chevy in place of my 260 olds motor it took alot of tweaking the headers hit the transmission bell housing where the dust coverbolts up. had to cut my cross member to run my 2.5 true duals 40 serries flows with an h pipe i got a serptene belt system off a 88 chevrolet truck it the ps pully hits my gear box found out a ps pully off a 2001 pontiac gtp supre charged 3.8 is the same shaft size saame belt with but the pull dia is 3/4 inch smaller going to swap that out when i put my 383 stroker that i am building in i am using the rad hoses off an 88 chevy truck shortned 1 inch on each end. had to lenghten the wires for the starter going to hook ac up soon. also building a 9 inch to go underneth . i am building an import killer going to have 550 horse 383 that will turn 7000 rpm 11.1 compression i am running a turbo 350 non lockup with a b&m stage 2 shift kit. this is no an easy task to be tackled by a shadetree mech i am a professional mech.

PropKat44

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 28, 2006
Glenville, NY
It needs a little cleaning and neatening with wiring and stuff but...

l_5aeb6f7520cd6f0a80458724e26e17c0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor