T56 in an El Camino drives

DarrinWI

Apprentice
Jan 2, 2022
Madison, WI
Thanks to SickSpeedMonte and the others on this forum for sharing your knowledge and encouragement on completing the T56 swap. Had its maiden voyage today. Need to finish some final details, but it feels great behind the 5.3 I installed last year.

IMG_0008.jpeg

• Agree
Reactions: 9 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Thanks to SickSpeedMonte and the others on this forum for sharing your knowledge and encouragement on completing the T56 swap. Had its maiden voyage today. Need to finish some final details, but it feels great behind the 5.3 I installed last year.

View attachment 239980
Did you have any clutch pedal issues? Like being able to bleed it out, or not having enough throw for it to disengage?

Reactions: 1 users

DarrinWI

Apprentice
Jan 2, 2022
Madison, WI
Did you have any clutch pedal issues? Like being able to bleed it out, or not having enough throw for it to disengage?
Not at all. I bought the bracket/pedal kit from Sick Speed Monte. It went together just as it should. The T56 I bought off Marketplace came with the Tick master cylinder and a speed bleeder on the slave cylinder.

I found the instructions from Tick online and flowed them for the adjustment. It took a couple of rounds, but it dialed in without issue.

Reactions: 4 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
He broke one once. I've had mine apart like 6 times now. They're still a damn good trans. I feel like I have it figured out now.
Well more than once, but to be fair when I bought the car it clunked into 4th the first time I drove it every time but never again during that trip until it sat again. I had the transmission rebuilt twice under warranty and then just did a small front rebuild of it to get rid of some issues

Reactions: 1 user

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Well more than once, but to be fair when I bought the car it clunked into 4th the first time I drove it every time but never again during that trip until it sat again. I had the transmission rebuilt twice under warranty and then just did a small front rebuild of it to get rid of some issues

Generally once they're good they're good. I suspect something either something funny happened with that front bearing or the preload wasn't set correctly the previous rebuild.

Reactions: 1 user

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Generally once they're good they're good. I suspect something either something funny happened with that front bearing or the preload wasn't set correctly the previous rebuild.
Preload def wasn't set the most recent rebuild which came from a GM dealer, didn't have any spacer set in there which I think was part of the problem

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor