Tail lights and side markers and dash lights not working HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

James

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 16, 2015
as pontiacgp has stated in a previous post, fuseable links are designed to blow, or in most cases, they melt. when they melt, they leave a void in the insulation, or may even melt the insulation. a quick check for a melted link is to pull on it. if it stretches or breaks, its bad.
Yes I'm fairly familiar with the fusible link. However mine seem intact. I decided since the car had been sitting I'd start it up and go around the block. Leaving the yard I put on my left turn signal, it didn't blink just stayed constant. Right side functions as normal. I really love the car(which has been a daily for about 5yrs)but these wiring issues are starting to accumulate before I can diagnose. Should I just replace everything and just leave the basic wiring for operation. This is a non ac car

James

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 16, 2015
Okay so after a deep breath lol I turn on the hazards and lay under the dash, that flasher works accordingly. However when I put on my turn signals the flasher(which I found in the radio harness area) doesn't seem to be any good. I'm going to replace that once I get home to see if that remedies anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor